Ubisoft Sliming the Tea Party Movement and OWS?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got this announcement today concerning Ubisoft's new title: TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6 PATRIOTS. Check out the description:
Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the "True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized group of militias. The True Patriots are capitalizing on the growing sense of frustration and anger in a modern day America that they feel is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. Lead by a calculating figurehead named Tredway, this grassroots, homespun, terrorist organization will stop at nothing to overthrow the government and financial institutions to reclaim their country. Capturing the reality of modern-day terrorism, players will take on the role of a new Team Rainbow member as they face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with the support of Ubisoft Toronto and Red Storm, Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots not only revolves around a dynamic single-player storyline but also introduce a huge variety of new innovative co-op and multi-player experiences.
I'm scratching my head trying to recall an incident that proves this game's claim of the "reality of modern-day terrorism". I mean, I can recall LOTS & LOTS of incidents of Islamic terrorism, but not one recent incident of terrorism related to a militia obsessed with "greedy politicians and corporate special interests". It sounds like Ubisoft is doing exactly what Hollywood did to Clancy's Sum of All Fears: switch the reality of Islamic terrorism with the fiction of domestic "militia" violence. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but between their outrageous pro-DRM & anti-PC stance, and their line-up of lackluster games, Ubisoft is quickly slipping into the realm of bargain bin entertainment.:nada:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I'm not the only one to see the connection:

I Can See A Rainbow 6: Patriots Post

As the seemingly forgotten series comes back to life, it’s time for a new home-grown enemy, the True Patriots, who are as far as I can tell the militarised wing of the Tea Party movement. Which, according to this press release, is “capturing the reality of modern-day terrorism”!
RPS is missing part of the picture though, as anti-corporatism is linked with OWS and not the Tea Party. Still, I am gratified that I was not the only one to have a 'WTH!' moment when reading the PR.

Oh Ubisoft...since you released the disaster that was Silent Hunter V, your new logo should have became:

View attachment 34841