U2 Sweep for Bordj Toum Bridge / US T19 105mm Halftrack

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is/was one of my favorite scenarios until my opponent repeatedly got K results with his OBA and on board 105mm T1 HMC Halftrack. The scenario card shows the ht without its trailer and, as a result, with a B of 9 for the main armament (the 105mm gun). US Vehicle note 36 says "This halftrack is assumed to be towing an armored ammo trailer..." and is shown on the reverse of the counter.

My question is this. Does the fact the scenario card shows the vehicle without the trailer imply the trailer is not available for the scenario? That is, does the depiction on the card overrule the vehicle note, or does the vehicle note accurately reflect the capabilities of the vehicle for the scenario? Why, or why not? There is no SSR about the ht, just the depiction on the card... FWIW the vehicle, as shown on the card, is below.

Thanks!

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
IMO, the scenario cards show the front of the counter just as a matter of information. It does not override US Vehicle Note 36. If the depiction on the card was what you had to follow then no vehicle would have S#, A#, WP# SN#, etc. These are all on the reverse side.

I have played this scenario a number of time and US always had the trailer until he dumps it.

Have your opponent read US Vehicle Note 36. It notes that the trailer begins each scenario hooked-up

"...The trailer is always assumed to be hooked up at the start of a scenario, and an unhooked trailer cannot be hooked up again...."

I don't believe it can be any clearer than that. ;)

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Barring an SSR I'd play as if the trailer is present - seems like a counter depiction error/oversight to me - given the wording of the Vehicle Note. You could always drop MMP a Q&A for confirmation.

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok so in the absence of an SSR to the contrary, use the vehicle notes.
Thanks!