Typical

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure it's somewhere in the fine print.

"Coupon may be redeemed when products ordered exceeds $150.00"

LOL, jokes un me again

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You still get a discount, just not the full 30%. 10% at $50.00 and 20% at $100.00.
Wow, I didn't even know that.

I was posting about using my CH bucks that I have earned. Apparently you have to spend $150 to get you six or eight bucks discount. Thanks for heads up.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ya, you pay 100+ bucks for hue and get a few countersheets with multiple map panels wrapped in a crappy folder vs MMP's FW for 100 bucks with a ton more of content.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1st - The CH bucks have nothing to do with the normal 30% discount anyone can get on anything if you know the code word.
2nd - Hue only cost me $70.00 with the normal 30% discount.
3rd - The Forgotten War is $128.00.
So, The Forgotten War is just about twice the cost that Hue was. You shouldn't stretch the truth so much Scott.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
um actually you can get FW from most online suppliers for 100 bucks. Where as if you look at ebay, Hue is being sold at 170 bucks. Sure you can get the discount code and wait a couple of years for the module to be published, your out 60 odd bucks and at the mercy of the publishers whims. MMP might be slow and have some of the worst scenario designers around, but the stuff is playtested and the quality is there. For 100 bucks, you get four sturdy boards, 7 countersheets, 16 scenarios, rules chapter, vehicle notes and chapter divider all in a nice sturdy box vs Hue which comes with 4 countersheets, 9 panel maps (could have been one map sheet), a few pages of rules and vehicle notes and 9 or so scenarios along with a chapter divider. NOT worth even 60 bucks. But hey its your money, you do as you please with it. as an aside I do like RT's new version of DTW, so I am not a totally lost customer, just a very very cautious one.

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I wanted was a pepsi, I mean, my 6$ built up over a couple of years, but I have to spend 150 to get it.

REminds me of a Blondie cartoon, essentially, she says to dagwood, I spent 300$ to save $25.

:D

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking about CH's HILL 609: TUNISIA 1943. First there is not much desert stuff out there and second it does look somewhat different. If i buy it before it is released and use the discount it is considerably cheaper but I am hesitant to buy it without someone else experiencing it first. OK - call me a coward.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking about CH's HILL 609: TUNISIA 1943. First there is not much desert stuff out there and second it does look somewhat different. If i buy it before it is released and use the discount it is considerably cheaper but I am hesitant to buy it without someone else experiencing it first. OK - call me a coward.
I wouldn't call it cowardice, but a rather prudent approach before sending money to this manufacturer.
As much as I would love to play a Tunisia module, in this case, I would rather gather some intel from other buyers/reviewers prior to spending (almost certainly) over $100 on this product. Case in point, I was very seriously considering the Hue module, however after reading several reviews from owners of the module and after viewing the posted pictures of the product, I'm glad to have dodged that bullet.

It's a shame that none of the other producers are interested in creating a Tunisia module or AP.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I wouldn't call it cowardice, but a rather prudent approach before sending money to this manufacturer.
As much as I would love to play a Tunisia module, in this case, I would rather gather some intel from other buyers/reviewers prior to spending (almost certainly) over $100 on this product. Case in point, I was very seriously considering the Hue module, however after reading several reviews from owners of the module and after viewing the posted pictures of the product, I'm glad to have dodged that bullet.
Well, if you hadn't been that prudent with regard to the latter module, you might have gotten

Hue and Cry.

Normally a quite popular theme for more than one game... :D

von Marwitz

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As much as I would love to play a Tunisia module, in this case, I would rather gather some intel from other buyers/reviewers prior to spending (almost certainly) over $100 on this product.
Where is Desperation Morale when we need it!!

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The point system is I believe, a Penney per dollar spent, useable in orders of over $100 prior to discount. Thus buy at pre-release price, minus 30%, minus $2.90 CH credit, and you end up paying about 36% of final list price.