Two "Veteran" Questions

JohnS3

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have played Pz Campaigns since the first one (Smolensk? or Bulge? cant remember which) came out. With Kiev '43 I am getting back after a few years off. Two questions.

First - I am an old (beginning 1961 board gamer) and back in the day I spent years calculating in my head the movement costs, combat odds and combat results with all applicable modifiers. It is great letting the computer do that but at times I feel pretty lazy and would just like to try to work out the likely odds rather than just guessing. My Question - are there posts on this site or other resources where they give concrete examples of exactly how fire, assault and movement is calculated? I am not trying to reach into the combat results table, I generally understand the variances in that application. I have tried putting pen to paper on firing, assault and some movement and just am not feeling a lot of success in doing that.

Second - Parameter Data - Within a single game - example Korsun or Kiev or Minsk. Is the Parameter data usually the same for each scenario or does it vary such that within, say Minsk, one scenario will use one set of info in the Parameter date and a second Minsk scenario will use different parameter data.

Any help, much appreciated

SG1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
This site is dead, or nearly so.

To get your questions answered it would be better to go there:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

On the Blitz forum you should access to posts by people who painfully plunged into the maths and also address the parameters.
On the last one, I seem to remember there is consistency, within one game, from one scenario to the other as devised by the designer of the title... but if other people have provided scenarios, they may have changed at least part of the parameter data.