Two dm 81mm mortars

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Nice photo. If you were a sniper whom would you shoot first ? The guy with tape on his helmet ?
Notice the figure between what appears to be a kublewagon? And a truck ? What kind of AT gun is on the ridge line in the background?
I'd go for him, might have binoculars. Or the guy in the tank.

Rocket-Man

Space is only 100Km up
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice photo. If you were a sniper whom would you shoot first ? The guy with tape on his helmet ?
Notice the figure between what appears to be a kublewagon? And a truck ? What kind of AT gun is on the ridge line in the background?
No idea about the AT gun, but I would shoot the guy carrying what looks like a briefcase, because I assume that's the carrying case for the mortar rounds. Hitting that might cause an explosion that could injure multiple people.

I thought it was a cool picture because, while there are some pictures showing what weapons look like dismantled, there are very few that show how dismantled weapons are carried.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I count around 28 infantry in this photo. Any guesses as to what they represent? A couple squads? Three infantry crews? A mixture of both?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No idea about the AT gun, but I would shoot the guy carrying what looks like a briefcase, because I assume that's the carrying case for the mortar rounds. Hitting that might cause an explosion that could injure multiple people.
I believe the briefcases are holding maps and/or firing charts.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A German 81mm mortar weighs 136 lbs when fully assembled. Try carrying that and the landsers will admire you!

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Notice the figure between what appears to be a kublewagon? And a truck ?
Where are those vehicles in that photo? There appears to be a Mark III immediately in front of the mortar crews, but perhaps my prescription needs to be updated to make out any other vehicles.