Twin Cities ASL 9/14/19-- INVASION OF POLAND

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

It's been eighty years since Hitler kicked off the war in Europe. The Polish army fought well, but beset by three separate nations (gotta give the Slovakians their due) and without support from their allies, they couldn't hold out long. Twin Cities ASL will mark the occasion in our typical manner-- by getting together at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN and playing a whole bunch of ASL. As usual, new players and those from out of town are very much welcome! We're more than willing to teach, and we'll make sure that those who have traveled far will get a game in.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this particular get together-- I'll be camping on the North Shore this weekend.

Details:
Day: 9/14/19
Time: 10:00am -- whenever (FFG closes at 11:00pm)
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

Here are some scenarios covering what the Poles referred to as the "September Campaign" or the "1939 Defensive War" and the Germans referred to as "The Poland Campaign" or "Case White." The Soviets called it a "liberation campaign." I have no idea what the Slovakians called it.
Code:
Number  Title                         Side1   Side2   #Hrs  S1Win%  S2Win%  Notes
AP8     A Bloody Harvest              Polish  German  3.4   60.17%  39.83%
ASL83   An Uncommon Occurrence        Polish  German  4.5   60.00%  40.00%
BFP105  The Winter City               Slovak  Polish  4.4   55.56%  44.44%  Poland in Flames
BFP135  No Shortage of Determination  Polish  German  4.1   50.00%  50.00%  Poland in Flames
BFP140  Iron Greeting                 Polish  Soviet  6.3   57.14%  42.86%  Poland in Flames
BoF02   A Polish Requiem              German  Polish  6.4   45.59%  54.41%  See also FrF26
J113    Maczek Fire Brigade           German  Polish  5.2   43.68%  56.32%
U15     Battle for the Warta Line     German  Polish  7.1   51.43%  48.57%
Really picky about anniversaries? Then give BoF02 "A Polish Requiem" a try. It's set September 14, 1939.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I probably won't be there as an old wargame buddy Tom Johnson (T.J.) of Steve Hicks & I passed away & his funeral is on Saturday. T.J. Had helped develop the Europa series games and had remained quite active in gaming but hadn't gotten into ASL. Only just turned 66 so it is not only very sad for me but a bit scary. I believe Curtis is going to make the trip.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I probably won't be there as an old wargame buddy Tom Johnson (T.J.) of Steve Hicks & I passed away & his funeral is on Saturday. T.J. Had helped develop the Europa series games and had remained quite active in gaming but hadn't gotten into ASL. Only just turned 66 so it is not only very sad for me but a bit scary. I believe Curtis is going to make the trip.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Tom. It's thoughtful of you to attend the funeral and honor him.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So sorry for your loss.