Twin Cities ASL 8/11/18

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you in the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area?
Do you want to play some face to face ASL?
Are you looking for any excuse to get out of the heat and associate with like minded people in a pleasantly air conditioned environment?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) is right for you! Our monthly meeting is coming up this Saturday, and that means a day full of cardboard carnage. Everyone is welcome, regardless of skill level or experience, and we're more than willing to teach.

Here are the details:
Day: 8/11/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113 [Note to our neighbors in Tokyo: We're easily accessible via Delta airlines flights into Minneapolis / St. Paul International Airport, then taking the Blue Line light rail to the 46th street station, then picking up a #84 bus to Rosedale Mall. Fantasy Flight Games is just a short walk from there.]

I hope to see some of you there!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curtis & I are also planning on making the trip. Didn't get around to making the "Houlie" stamp for my forehead as he obviously owns me by now, so maybe we can get a game up.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the September Game day the 8th? Or the 15?

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the September Game day the 8th? Or the 15?
Assuming there are no issues finding a venue, the September get-together will be on the 8th. I'll try to post a notification about a week in advance.

Also, we have a Yahoo Group, if that's something you're interested in-- do a search for "Twin Cities ASL" and we'll turn up.

Hope to see you with us one of these days!

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assuming there are no issues finding a venue, the September get-together will be on the 8th. I'll try to post a notification about a week in advance.

Also, we have a Yahoo Group, if that's something you're interested in-- do a search for "Twin Cities ASL" and we'll turn up.

Hope to see you with us one of these days!
Thank you. I am trying to get my nephew to go out for the game days. Although I might have to trek up there from Kansas City for a visit too. My nephew is a fierce ASL player but now can only play at an occasional tournament. It would be good for him to get out to your game day to keep in practice.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geoff and I chose RPT85 Choiseul Few with me as the attacking Japanese against the Geoff's defending Para-Marines on interesting board 8a. This was an excellent scenario with the Japanese seeking to achieve 2 of 3 VCs: exit 10 CVP / eliminate 12 allied CVP / no GO American MMC in 2 of 3 stone multi-hex buildings. Making this even more interesting is the Japanese force attacking the Americans is "chased" by an American reinforcement group.

This scenario was a blast. Lots of interesting LOS on this crowded board. I made good, steady progress trying to not do anything too risky knowing I'd need every FP point I could get. I was able to steadily chip away at the defense gaining 11 CVP and almost certainly in line to exit the 10 CVP. In addition, I wrestled away one multi-hex building though was threatened. It seemed apparent that the Americans would be unlikely to stop the Japanese and a full withdrawal was ordered.

An wildly fun game. An excellent situation and design. Highly recommeneded. Thanks to Geoff for another very enjoyable game. Great t see the guys again this month.