Twin Cities ASL 6/9/18

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Folks!

If you're in Minnesota or Wisconsin and want to get some face to face gaming in, Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) will be holding their monthly get together this coming Saturday. All are welcome, regardless of skill level or experience, and we're more than happy to teach. Last month was fantastic, and we're hoping for another amazing day of ASL goodness this month.

EC are predicted to be Moderate, with a mild breeze from the North at start. I, for one, hope to use D15.8 to get there.

Here are the details:
Day: 6/9/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

I hope to see some of you there!

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting from point A to point B in the Twin Cities area can be a little interesting in this day and age. Here's the list of road closures, courtesy of the Star Tribune:

Note especially #11.

Minneapolis

1. Interstate 94: Both directions will be closed from 10 p.m.Friday until 5 a.m. Monday

2. Interstate 35W: Northbound lanes will be closed from 10 p.m.Sunday until 5 a.m. Monday between the Crosstown Hwy. 62 todowntown. Note the detour is to take Hwy. 62 east to Hiawatha Avenue north to I-35W north.

Long-term ramp closures starting at 10 p.m. Friday: Northbound I-35W to Lake and 31st streets, 31st Street to southbound I-35W, 35th Street to northbound I-35W and eastbound I-94 to southbound I-35W.

3. Penn Avenue N.: Three closures related to construction of theC-Line bus rapid transit line are in place: 26th to Lowry avenues,17th to 21st avenues and 12th to 14th avenues

4. University Avenue NE. : Closed at 27th Avenue NE.; single lane each direction from 32nd to 27th Avenues.

5. Hennepin Avenue S.: Closed from 31st to 36th streets.

6. Crosstown Hwy. 62: Westbound reduced to a single lane at 34thAvenue.

St. Paul

7. Wabasha Street: Closed from Plato Boulevard to Cesar Chavez Street due to a rock slide.

8. Snelling Avenue: Lane restrictions beween Randolph Avenue and Ford Parkway.

9. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue: The High Bridge over the Mississippi River is closed unti December.

North metro

10. I-35 in Forest Lake: Northbound reduced to two lanes from Hwy.97 to Hwy. 8

11. Hwy. 36 in Roseville: Eastbound lane and ramp closures between Cleveland and Hamline avenues.

12. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Eastbound reduced to one lane and west bound to two lanes and sometimes one for between Joplin Streetand Upland Avenue. Periodic lane closures in both directions fromHwy. 101 to Thurston Avenue.

13. Hwy. 169 in Champlin: Single lane traffic in both directions between Hwy. 610 and East Hayden Lake Road.

South metro

14. Hwy. 50 in Farmington: Single lane between Hwys. 3 and 52.Flagging operations will occur between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. dailythrough late August.

15. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S. The project extends from XerxesAvenue on the west end to 16th Avenue South on the east end.

16. Hwy. 3 in Inver Grove Heights: Closed in both directions between Rich Valley Boulevard and Hwy. 55.

West metro

17. Hwy. 7 in St. Louis Park: Alternating lane closures between Louisiana Avenue and I-494.

East metro

18. Hwy. 95 in Afton: Closed between 40th and 70th streets.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Did you elect Chris Christie as mayor? Not that Dublin can't be as bad at times, especially the last couple of years where they decided to run trains above ground in the city centre.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you elect Chris Christie as mayor? Not that Dublin can't be as bad at times, especially the last couple of years where they decided to run trains above ground in the city centre.
Nothing that dramatic, thankfully. Rather, infrastructure funding around here tends to be something of an all or nothing affair. Either nothing's getting done because nothing's funded, or money comes in and everything happens all at once.