Twin Cities ASL 4/14/18

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Folks,

If you're in Minnesota or Wisconsin and want to get some face to face gaming in, Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) will be holding their monthly get together this coming Saturday. All are welcome, regardless of skill level or experience, and we're more than happy to teach.

Day: 4/14/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

EDIT: DUE TO FORECAST WEATHER CONDITIONS, THIS EVENT IS CANCELED. Stay safe, folks!

Last edited:

Themole

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

If you're in Minnesota or Wisconsin and want to get some face to face gaming in, Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) will be holding their monthly get together this coming Saturday. All are welcome, regardless of skill level or experience, and we're more than happy to teach.

Day: 4/14/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

CAUTION: There is a distinct possibility that E3.51, E3.71 and/or E3.72 will be in effect that day.

I hope to see some of you there!
I'm in Wisconsin Minocqua but will have to work that day.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in Wisconsin Minocqua but will have to work that day.
Maybe sometime we'll have to get a North Woods Jack Pine Savage get-to-gether as we have others in Hayward, Wis Rapids/Plainfield area, Rhinelander, Amery, Baldwin and here in Eau Claire as well as some others further east and Southern Wisconsin as well.

buser333

Reaction score
Maybe sometime we'll have to get a North Woods Jack Pine Savage get-to-gether as we have others in Hayward, Wis Rapids/Plainfield area, Rhinelander, Amery, Baldwin and here in Eau Claire as well as some others further east and Southern Wisconsin as well.
I would be game. :)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would be game. :)
Hmmm? Lake Minocqua in the north woods in July/August? Put on some brats, bring out the "Point Beer" and Walleye & Northern Pike as a side distraction not to mention some fun ASL? Hey, love it if a plan comes together!:cool:

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm? Lake Minocqua in the north woods in July/August? Put on some brats, bring out the "Point Beer" and Walleye & Northern Pike as a side distraction not to mention some fun ASL? Hey, love it if a plan comes together!:cool:
I'd make that drive. If nothing else, it'd be an opportunity to put some of the bigger scenarios on the table.

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any players left in the group from the late nineties/early oh ohs? I used to be part of the group when I lived there and had good memories of playing. For a good while it was in the basement of a city hall or police station - I forget which it was.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any players left in the group from the late nineties/early oh ohs? I used to be part of the group when I lived there and had good memories of playing. For a good while it was in the basement of a city hall or police station - I forget which it was.
Sean Dennis is around from time to time, and he's been around as long as anyone. Beyond that, I really couldn't tell ya-- I joined up at the tail end of 2011. If rattled off a few names, I could at least tell you if I recognize any of them.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sean Dennis is around from time to time, and he's been around as long as anyone. Beyond that, I really couldn't tell ya-- I joined up at the tail end of 2011. If rattled off a few names, I could at least tell you if I recognize any of them.
Curtis Brooks and Houlie may be the most likely candidates of the "regulars" that current attend, but there may be a few others that attend occasionally. (not to say Curtis & I have attended pretty regular in the past year though :facepalm:):rolleyes:

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curtis Brooks and Houlie may be the most likely candidates of the "regulars" that current attend, but there may be a few others that attend occasionally. (not to say Curtis & I have attended pretty regular in the past year though :facepalm:):rolleyes:
I haven't been around that long. I started going to TCASL around 2009 although I've lived here since 2000.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be the Hopkins PD. I made it there once probably in 2003 and then the group lost the space and it moved to Sean Dennis's place of work in St. Paul up until a couple years ago. Now, it typically meets at Fantasy Flight gaming center in Roseville -- a wonderful facility for gaming.

It is great to be a gamer in the Minneapolis - St. Paul metro area. With groups like TCASL and First Minnesota Wargame Society (among others) it is one of the most vibrant and most importantly -- welcoming -- gaming communities in the nation.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Played my first game at TCASL in 2012. I even won with a little (okay, a lot) of coaching from Mr. Yetter and some luck. I agree with Houlie, the Twin Cities is a good area for gaming generally. What else is there to do during the dark, cold, bleak, endless winters? I definitely would be up for a North Woods get-together.

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember Sean by name, I might have met you Houlie but the name is not familiar. Yes the Twin Cities is a great place for gaming, in addition to a lot of gamers in the area you have The Source Comics and Games. I make it a point to stop there every time I'm in the area, sadly with the death of my father in law we will probably only make one more trip to the area.
Keep rolling them dice!

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I attended when we met in the Hopkins City Hall. Good times.

What ever happened to Boxcars Dave? He used to host it.

dynaman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My real name is Paul Blankenship. I lived in the Cities area from 1997 till late 2003

I remember Dave, just couldn't remember his name. He used to host a weekly(?) game at his place for a short while. Also had a LAN party there where we played Total Annihilation once.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don "Big Noodle" Holland checking in. As I now live in Hayward, the Minoqua thing would sound good! :D

I was in TC for the supercross race during that flippin blizzard. Hail, lightning, 30 yard visability... What fun. :eek: