Twin Cities ASL 11/10/18

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you sick of hearing everyone gripe about politics?
Can you not stand to turn on the news any more?
Do you want to set your TV on fire every time a campaign ad comes on?

Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) offers a solution to these common problems! Come join us this Saturday, November 10, 2018, for a day filled with fun, fellowship, historical trivia, and rules minutia (and some ASL, while we're at it)! As always, all are welcome regardless of skill or experience, and we're more than willing to teach newcomers.

A heads up-- it's sounding like Fantasy Flight Games is going to be pretty busy, but most of that is for a specific event that should be held in their back room. There'll probably a lot of people there at opening, but we should be able to find table space.

Details:
Day: 11/10/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Would you or anyone else be interested in starting a scenario at noon (I don’t think I could get there at 10am)? I’d have until about 6:00 available. (And I would be up for the any of the hatten scenarios or other ones)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have to talk to Curtis. We missed our usual Monday tussle due to committments and were unable to make the last TCASL as well, sure would look forward to to it this weekend before the big Vet's Day activities on Sunday (100 years ya know, 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month).

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am likely to attend. I plan to be there at 10:00. I'll be the one wearing the "kick-me" sign taped to my back.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am likely to attend. I plan to be there at 10:00. I'll be the one wearing the "kick-me" sign taped to my back.
Yeah, I'll check around for my "Houlie owns me in ASL" stamp for my forehead.:facepalm:;)

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guess I’ll be staying home again this month.
@Matt Boehland Don't count yourself out yet! If Mark and Craig are playing, that means I'm without a game. I'd be more than willing to hold off till noon, as I'd be more awake. If I'm defending, I'd even be willing to show up a bit early to get set up.

Any scenarios you'd like to try?

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
@Matt Boehland Don't count yourself out yet! If Mark and Craig are playing, that means I'm without a game. I'd be more than willing to hold off till noon, as I'd be more awake. If I'm defending, I'd even be willing to show up a bit early to get set up.

Any scenarios you'd like to try?
Sorry about the slow reply, I didn't check these forums a few days after I thought noone was interested.

Anyhow, noon still works. I don't have my ASL stuff with me to look at scenarios, but sounded like you were interested in Hatten; any scenario (well, that can finish in 6 hours or so, which most Hatten scenarios qualify for) works for me.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyhow, noon still works. I don't have my ASL stuff with me to look at scenarios, but sounded like you were interested in Hatten; any scenario (well, that can finish in 6 hours or so, which most Hatten scenarios qualify for) works for me.
How does HF3 "First Timers" sound to you? It should play in under 4 hours, and it's currently 10 and 9 on ROAR. Given a choice, I'd prefer to play Americans, as I have yet to attack in Hatten, but I'd happily play either side.

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Sounds good, you can be the Americans. Probably best to use your set so you can set up if you get there first (Side note: Won’t have internet access again until I get home around 1:30am)

Last edited:

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds good, you can be the Americans. Probably best to use your set so you can set up if you get there first (Side note: Won’t have internet access again until I get home around 1:30am)
We have ourselves a plan! I'll bring my kit, but it'd be nice if you could bring your plexi-- mine's all gunky and I don't know how long it'll take to clean it off.

See you tomorrow!