Twin Cities ASL 10/13/18

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What?! It's the second Saturday of the month again? So soon?! Time flies....

It's getting colder this time of the year in the Midwest. What better way to spend the day than by playing some ASL? If you're anywhere near Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN, now's your opportunity! Twin Cities ASL (TCASL) will be holding our monthly get together this Saturday, October 13, 2018. As always, all are welcome regardless of skill or experience, and we're more than willing to teach newcomers.

Details:
Day: 10/13/18
Time: 10:00am -- whenever
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
We'll have to give a hand to Dave Wallick for winning a Mini (Biggest Loser No More) at ASLOK.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geoff -- I'd be in for something Hatten. I'll read up on the rules and look over the scenarios/ROAR.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geoff -- I'd be in for something Hatten. I'll read up on the rules and look over the scenarios/ROAR.
Rules are pretty easy-- nothing too terribly weird there. Here's the ROAR data and estimated playing times for the Hatten scenarios:

Code:
SCENARIO                      RECORD (Atk / Def)        EST TIME (hrs)
Black Day in Hatten[HF1]      American 6 / German 8     4.3
Bertoldo the Brave[HF2]       American 3 / German 6     6.9
First Timers[HF3]             American 3 / German 4     3.7
Liehr Launches First[HF4]     American 3 / German 3     4.7
Graveyard Shift[HF5]          German 1 / American 4     3.8
Jackpot Jones[HF6]            German 2 / American 0     4.6
Gotta Get Out[HF7]            German 5 / American 2     4.1
Fahrenheit 352[HF8]           German 2 / American 3     6.1

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geoff, Let's try First Timers. I like that it has armor on both sides and should play swiftly. Shall I bring the gear?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds great, Geoff! I am looking forward to it. I have heard good things about the Hatten scenarios.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I played HF7 Gotta Get Out against the redoubtable Jeff Waldon at ASLOK. It was quite fun and I eked out a slim victory as the Germans.

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone want to schedule a game on Saturday? If a game is not guaranteed, I doubt I'll make the long drive just to observe.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Anyone want to schedule a game on Saturday? If a game is not guaranteed, I doubt I'll make the long drive just to observe.
Don Holland said he'd be there. I'm happy to play odd-man out if it comes to that.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I think we should be good. Dave Wallick said he'd be coming, too.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't believe the Hickster & I will be there, but there may be a possibility. Hicks is the determining factor as I'm going up to his place for the weekend. I know Steve Rogers will be unable to make it (again), he's got crew served weapons qualification this weekend.

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you guys always meet on the second Saturday of the month? I'm in Ohio but have a daughter in grad school at U of Minn and thought I would try to time a visit to correspond to a weekend that you are playing.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you guys always meet on the second Saturday of the month? I'm in Ohio but have a daughter in grad school at U of Minn and thought I would try to time a visit to correspond to a weekend that you are playing.
As a general rule, yes. Blizzard conditions have caused us to cancel in the past, and on rare occasions we've been forced to cancel for unavailability of space. Both of these are pretty uncommon though. More likely, it's the second Saturday, and we're at Fantasy Flight Games from the minute the doors open.

Let us know if you're going to be in the area and we'll make sure you get a game!

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a general rule, yes. Blizzard conditions have caused us to cancel in the past, and on rare occasions we've been forced to cancel for unavailability of space. Both of these are pretty uncommon though. More likely, it's the second Saturday, and we're at Fantasy Flight Games from the minute the doors open.

Let us know if you're going to be in the area and we'll make sure you get a game!
Blizzards in Minneapolis? Say it ain't so!

Will be looking at my calendar and trying to coordinate a visit. Thanks!