Twin Cities ASL 10/12/19-- HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOW

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Hey, Folks!

It's that time of the month again! And the weather this time around is looking perfect: Highs in the mid 30s with the potential for some unwholesome rain/snow mix. What better time to spend the day at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN playing a whole bunch of ASL? As usual, new players and those from out of town are very much welcome! We're more than willing to teach, and we'll make sure that those who have traveled far will get a game in.

And with Halloween coming up soon, what better theme than "utterly horrifying scenarios?" You know... the sort of thing where you look at it and go "eew" or "Oh, no. Why would anyone in their right mind write a scenario like that?" And yes, I'm willing to taste my own medicine-- my personal picks off this month's list would be HS9 "Ambitious Plans," G10 "Grab at Gribovo" or BFP56 "White Beach 1".

Details:
Day: 10/12/19
Time: 10:00am -- whenever (FFG closes at 11:00pm)
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

This time around, it's important that we get there at opening-- FFG has an Arkham Horror event going on that may well bleed into the main gaming space. We should be able to get tables provided we're there on time.

Here are some scenarios featuring especially twisted rules interactions:
Code:
Number  Title                 Side1     Side2     #Hrs  S1Win%  S2Win%  Notes
A76     Night Drop            American  German    15.1  21.43%  78.57%  Night, Air Drop
ASL150  Tanambogo Nightmare   Japanese  American  11.6  100%    0%      Low Play Count, Night, Seaborne Assault, Caves
BFP56   White Beach 1         American  Japanese  7.5   50.00%  50.00%  Seaborne Assault, Caves, NOBA, Panjis
G10     Grab at Gribovo       Soviet    German    7.1   18.18%  81.82%  Night, Winter, Air Drop
G27     Vaagso Venture        German    British   13.3  43.48%  56.52%  Seaborne Assault, NOBA
HS9     Ambitious Plans       Japanese  American  9.8   42.86%  57.14%  NOBA, Air, Seaborne Evac
PB1     Ham and Bloody Jam    British   German    2.6   54.84%  45.16%  Night, Gliders, PB
U34     The Dornot Watermark  American  German    13.4  66.67%  33.33%  Low Play Count, Night, Boats, Fording Lines, OBA
VotG12  Siberian Shockwave    German    Soviet    19.7  64.29%  35.71%  Boats, Air, VotG

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am a bit under the weather today, but fully expect to rally by Saturday. I'll be looking for a scenario a little (ok, a lot) more modest than the fright fest listed above. :) Hopefully, we can get our Wisconsinites to join us. That would make it truly spooktacular!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
F

Hey, Folks!

It's that time of the month again! And the weather this time around is looking perfect: Highs in the mid 30s with the potential for some unwholesome rain/snow mix. What better time to spend the day at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN playing a whole bunch of ASL? As usual, new players and those from out of town are very much welcome! We're more than willing to teach, and we'll make sure that those who have traveled far will get a game in.

And with Halloween coming up soon, what better theme than "utterly horrifying scenarios?" You know... the sort of thing where you look at it and go "eew" or "Oh, no. Why would anyone in their right mind write a scenario like that?" And yes, I'm willing to taste my own medicine-- my personal picks off this month's list would be HS9 "Ambitious Plans," G10 "Grab at Gribovo" or BFP56 "White Beach 1".

Details:
Day: 10/12/19
Time: 10:00am -- whenever (FFG closes at 11:00pm)
Location: Fantasy Flight Games Center, 1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN, 55113

This time around, it's important that we get there at opening-- FFG has an Arkham Horror event going on that may well bleed into the main gaming space. We should be able to get tables provided we're there on time.

Here are some scenarios featuring especially twisted rules interactions:
Code:
Number  Title                 Side1     Side2     #Hrs  S1Win%  S2Win%  Notes
A76     Night Drop            American  German    15.1  21.43%  78.57%  Night, Air Drop
ASL150  Tanambogo Nightmare   Japanese  American  11.6  100%    0%      Low Play Count, Night, Seaborne Assault, Caves
BFP56   White Beach 1         American  Japanese  7.5   50.00%  50.00%  Seaborne Assault, Caves, NOBA, Panjis
G10     Grab at Gribovo       Soviet    German    7.1   18.18%  81.82%  Night, Winter, Air Drop
G27     Vaagso Venture        German    British   13.3  43.48%  56.52%  Seaborne Assault, NOBA
HS9     Ambitious Plans       Japanese  American  9.8   42.86%  57.14%  NOBA, Air, Seaborne Evac
PB1     Ham and Bloody Jam    British   German    2.6   54.84%  45.16%  Night, Gliders, PB
U34     The Dornot Watermark  American  German    13.4  66.67%  33.33%  Low Play Count, Night, Boats, Fording Lines, OBA
VotG12  Siberian Shockwave    German    Soviet    19.7  64.29%  35.71%  Boats, Air, VotG
Forgot to add a really scary one, ASL 136 The Agony of Doom German-Russian (current rendition 27 playings, 74% pro German; A8 rendition is worse: 82.5% Pro German) but is still a fun scenario to play regardless of the balance issue. As the Russian you better bring your A game and lucky dice!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am a bit under the weather today, but fully expect to rally by Saturday. I'll be looking for a scenario a little (ok, a lot) more modest than the fright fest listed above. :) Hopefully, we can get our Wisconsinites to join us. That would make it truly spooktacular!
Curtis is on his way back from TX visiting parents, sure would be nice to finally get over there as it seemed as if we had conflicting things constantly pop up since late this last winter. I'll give him a jingle here Wens or Thurs to see if he's back.

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curtis is on his way back from TX visiting parents, sure would be nice to finally get over there as it seemed as if we had conflicting things constantly pop up since late this last winter. I'll give him a jingle here Wens or Thurs to see if he's back.
Just got back. I"ll pick you up Sat. for the invasion of Eastern Minnesota!