Twilight of the Reich Update

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Peter Bartlett on CSW, when asked about the balance of not-yet-published projects slated originally for 2023:

The answer for 2023 preorders is that we hope to get Operational Matters 2 (with the game on Luzon) up there, along with the CDG on Sicily, and Twilight of the Reich, the new ASL product. The other products will likely be deferred to next year.

At Winter Offensive we plan to release a new WO ASL pack, and Twilight of the Reich.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Peter Bartlett on CSW, when asked about the balance of not-yet-published projects slated originally for 2023:

Looking forward to this. And all the other projects in the pipeline

Last edited:

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's an ad for TofR on the back cover of J14. It includes a QR code in the upper right hand corner, which takes you to the MMP Pre-Order page. If we're looking at a WO release, it will probably have to go on pre-order soon. No doubt it will make its pre-order #, but the product description should provide more details on what will be included.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
From what I remember it will come with the full OOB of the SS in blue as well as counters particular to this module.
Also if I remember correctly another set of the 5-3-7’s from Drop Zone

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was really hoping for a few more 4-6-7s. I'm trying to staff out a German Infantry Division TO&E on my sunroom table.
You're going to need more than just more 4-6-7s. You need to create counters to represent MPs, Cooks, Veterinarians, and postal workers. I'm not sure even conscripts would work for some of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTY

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're going to need more than just more 4-6-7s. You need to create counters to represent MPs, Cooks, Veterinarians, and postal workers. I'm not sure even conscripts would works for some of them.
I was just joking.

I already have enough 4-6-7s if I count my original BV counters from '93. 😂

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
AH: "My Generals never have enough Divisions, they are always asking for more!"

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, it is NOT a HASL. I believe that TotR will be using 'Fort' boards 16a/b through 19a/b.
It should be considered as a ACTION PACK with counters.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
From Consim post this afternoon:

TotR primarily features actions at the end of WWII in Germany and adds several SS MMC types and some terrain rules (including Rail Cars) to the ASL Core Rules set.

• 4 double-sided 11" x 16" ASL maps
• 2 countersheets
• 17 scenarios, mostly large, urban combat
• 48 overlays
• Replacement rules pages for Chapters A & B with the added rules.

Designed by Bill Cirillo (who designed the Historical ASL module "Festung Budapest") and Sean Deller.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Consim post this afternoon:

TotR primarily features actions at the end of WWII in Germany and adds several SS MMC types and some terrain rules (including Rail Cars) to the ASL Core Rules set.

• 4 double-sided 11" x 16" ASL maps
• 2 countersheets
• 17 scenarios, mostly large, urban combat
• 48 overlays
• Replacement rules pages for Chapters A & B with the added rules.

Designed by Bill Cirillo (who designed the Historical ASL module "Festung Budapest") and Sean Deller.
Good info. I wonder when the Pocket and e-rulebooks will be updated with the new Chap A and B info. I was going to pick up a new set of Pocket books at WO, but may wait a bit if it means getting the newest updates.