Twilight: 2013 taking Pre-Orders

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the new Twilight: 2013 RPG is about ready and they are taking Pre-Orders.

It is July, 2013. World War III has been raging for several years. The earth’s population has been virtually decimated by nuclear bombing and fallout, famine, and disease. The surviving ten percent of the world’s population remains engaged in conflict. Military action still occurs - when there is sufficient fuel, ammunition and manpower – and all the civilians can do is try to stay alive.

Using real-world events through 2007 as a basis, Twilight: 2013 tells the story of our planet’s slide into oblivion, pitching players into a world devastated by war and ravaged by disease, immersing them in the tattered remnants of a place that is both familiar and alien. Twilight: 2013 is the core rule book for the 3rd Edition of the popular Twilight: 2000 series of RPG games originally published by GDW.

The main rules set provides a detailed character creation system which allows players to choose to side either with the veterans of the world’s military forces, or with the civilians who are caught up in the conflicts. With a staged rules system that caters to both novice and experienced players, Twilight: 2013 lets you choose to participate further in the world’s downfall, or help in the struggle to preserve and rebuild.

Fans of Twilight: 2000 will notice that Twilight: 2013 has evolved into a rich character-based role-playing experience, set against a military backdrop, with both military and civilian paths from which to choose.
You can order a copy here: Twilight: 2013 Pre-Orders

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this for the hard-copy? I bought a PDF file a month or so back. I would like to get the hard copy.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, this Special Pre-Order includes the following;

This SPECIAL EDITION PRE-ORDER set contains:

1) Core Rules - Hardback Book (will ship once printed)
2) Core Rules - PDF (download available on day of order)
3) Character Generation Booklet (to make generating characters easier with the party)
4) Equipment Booklet (to make drooling over the equipment easier)
5) Character Worksheet Pad (33 character sheets and worksheets in a tear off pad)
6) Laminated quick rules sheet (x5)
In addition I'm throwing in the following:
The finished story from Sith - Solitude.
I'll also be throwing in the first adventure/city supplement (which I have but is now in editing) as soon as it's available.
Access to the downloads section of the website for NPCs, Organizations, rumors, etc. (as soon as I can get them posted).
Oh yeah, free shipping to anywhere in North America and APO/FPO addresses (Europe, I'm still working on the details for this one).

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hush that blasphemy. Twilight 2000 was one of the all-time greatest RPGs.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not even close.... Fallout was a computer game, TW2000 required much more than that.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really? I played Fallout 1 and 2. Took maybe 8 hours each...

We had a campaign of TW2000 in college that lasted almost about 18 months with pretty much the same core guys. We went from Poland, all through Europe and finally across the US.

Fallout can give you some role playing, but at the end of the day you are stuck playing with yourself. I still keep in touch with a few of the guys that played TW2000 even 18 years later.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still have my beloved copy of the original TW2000. I must dig it out and look through it again one day. Good ol' Frank Chadwick. He also did my favorite WWIII miniatures game, Combined Arms.

Anybody get the tactical wargame supplement, Last Battle? Boy, the great battles I waged with that game! Good times....

You would probably like the game, King. While the setting is somewhat similar to FO, it has a decidedly more military theme than the FO series. TW2000 is centered around soldiers and mercs trying to survive in a post-nuclear war, so the action is much more military-based.

BTW: A good companion book, if you will, is L. Ron Hubbard's Final Blackout.

Hey, if anybody would be interested in doing a review for us, I'd be happy to work with you on it.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went ahead and got the DL version only for now so I can look it over. Its a 348 page PDF document. I'll have to print it out as reading documents this length on a screen is not one of my favorite things. :cool:

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
I still have my beloved copy of the original TW2000. I must dig it out and look through it again one day. Good ol' Frank Chadwick. He also did my favorite WWIII miniatures game, Combined Arms.

Anybody get the tactical wargame supplement, Last Battle? Boy, the great battles I waged with that game! Good times....

You would probably like the game, King. While the setting is somewhat similar to FO, it has a decidedly more military theme than the FO series. TW2000 is centered around soldiers and mercs trying to survive in a post-nuclear war, so the action is much more military-based.

BTW: A good companion book, if you will, is L. Ron Hubbard's Final Blackout.

Hey, if anybody would be interested in doing a review for us, I'd be happy to work with you on it.
Where could I get it?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Guys,

Keith Taylor of 93 Games Studio has been gracious enough to grant us an interview! We have ten questions to fill, so start pitching 'em here!

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Guys,

Keith Taylor of 93 Games Studio has been gracious enough to grant us an interview! We have ten questions to fill, so start pitching 'em here!
Well one of them should be about follow-up products, i.e. Weapons and Equipment supplements as well as a Gazetteer.

Last edited:

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

QUOTE]

Yeah hey der hey! Got it dontcha know:D.....planning on introducing the nephew to the 2nd edition tomorrow(T-day):D have set up forces for both the Warsaw and pirates battles in "last Battles" format:nuts:

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately he discovered girls.....Damned Them!:freak:

The day got to busy to play:( but last X-mas we got some Team Yankee in....He won:D