TV Westerns

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I miss some of the old westerns that used to be on weekly on television like Maverick, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, etc. Do any of you oldsters remember them?
:D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tadcar,i grew up in this era [60's] let me rattle off a few.colt .45,rifleman,the rebel,iron horse,raw hide,wyatt earp,texas rangers,lawman,met the star of colt .45 when i was a wee lad,he was on a fishing trip to the columbia river the same time as my dad and me.cant remember his name but it was a big thrill at the tme!

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by terry patterson
tadcar,i grew up in this era [60's] let me rattle off a few.colt .45,rifleman,the rebel,iron horse,raw hide,wyatt earp,texas rangers,lawman,met the star of colt .45 when i was a wee lad,he was on a fishing trip to the columbia river the same time as my dad and me.cant remember his name but it was a big thrill at the tme!
Wayde Preston played Chris Colt. Was he the one you met? I bet that was a thrill!!
:banana:

Chuck Connor's role in Rifleman was great. I love the beginning when he gets the brass buttons of his uniform torn off by the CO.

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gunsmoke

Lest we not forget Gunsmoke, especially with the episodes with Dennis Weaver!

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never watched or got into many westerns. The ones I did are Rawhide (only because it used to precede Kung Fu Theater on Saturday mornings), The Rifleman (he was a former Army soldier), and Wild Wild West.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Branded. Right you are. Rifleman got started by Lucas (Chuck Connors) winning a turkey shoot, and enough money to buy some land to homestead.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bonanza, The Rifleman, and of course......Gunsmoke.......It ran for something like 22 years. It was the longest running program of all, I think.

Just a side note............The role of Matt Dillon was offered to John Wayne........he turned it down and recommended a friend....James Arness.

Mark
Deo Vindice

CodeTalker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still watch The High Chaparral. They actually worked the ranch. Ever notice in Bonanza and Big Valley how no one works? They all just set around and talked. Cowboying isn't quite like that.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sure were alot of them.what was the comedy one,about the texas ranger?he would ride out of town and always hit his head on that sign?can't think of the actors name right now.

Reaction score
Originally posted by terry patterson
sure were alot of them.what was the comedy one,about the texas ranger?he would ride out of town and always hit his head on that sign?can't think of the actors name right now.
Ken Berry, as Capt. Wilton Parmenter, in F Troop. US Army in Fort Courage, smewhere west of the Missouri River.