TV shows NOT to watch

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kinda like the I-271 'Express lanes'. Not for trucks exclusively, but they tend to carry mainly freight traffic running from I-90 to I-480.

Expand on that, and it could be the best of both worlds.

[youtube]B7r6A6YQdtI[/youtube]

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the $ figures - fairly expensive, but I guess if you've got enough products to split the costs over, it's not too bad. Going to be interesting if we're headed to $5 gas if the railroads start to make a resurgence somewhat...
Gas will Never get to $5, at least not in PA. :smoke:
Many of their pumps can only go to 3.999 :nuts:
(they're gonna sell by the half-gallon until that gets to 3.999) :p

freightshaker

Reaction score
I'm not trying to convince anyone that truckers are bad. My point is that bad decisions were made in the 1950's. Had the right decisions been made things would be quite different and, I think, better.
If the Interstates had been maintained from the start they would be in much better condition than they are now. CA is just starting to repair I-5 and AR has fixed I-40 but many roads are comparable to wagon trails. I-40 in OK is a great example, I-5 between Sacramento and Stockton is another.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the $ figures - fairly expensive, but I guess if you've got enough products to split the costs over, it's not too bad. Going to be interesting if we're headed to $5 gas if the railroads start to make a resurgence somewhat...

They might, but railroads run on diesel fuel nowadays just like the trucks. I would expect a fuel surcharge for that sort of freight as well.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the Interstates had been maintained from the start they would be in much better condition than they are now. CA is just starting to repair I-5 and AR has fixed I-40 but many roads are comparable to wagon trails. I-40 in OK is a great example, I-5 between Sacramento and Stockton is another.
I've also noticed a vast difference between states, compare Illinois to Indiana to Ohio. It's a nice smooth ride in Indiana, but the other two ends aren't so nice.

paulkenny

Reaction score
you guys want a laugh.

go to a gas station and ask for 1 gallon of gas

when the guy is done ask for your 1/10th of a penny change

its really funny with gents wearing turbans

freightshaker

Reaction score
I've also noticed a vast difference between states, compare Illinois to Indiana to Ohio. It's a nice smooth ride in Indiana, but the other two ends aren't so nice.
Nevada and California are the same. Nevada has the best roads in the nation, even the back roads. I-80 gets the same amount of traffic in both states but the California road will bounce you off your seat and knock stuff off of shelves. Some bumps are so bad that it will cause your seatbelt to lock. If it's not being spent on roads, where does the money go? Of course, California has yet to put up mile markers (except on stretches of CA58 ???). I've often wanted to do a comparison between roads in blue states and in red states just to see which ones are better or worse.

Boy am I dragging this OT. Sorry.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Nevada and California are the same. Nevada has the best roads in the nation, even the back roads. I-80 gets the same amount of traffic in both states but the California road will bounce you off your seat and knock stuff off of shelves. Some bumps are so bad that it will cause your seatbelt to lock. If it's not being spent on roads, where does the money go? Of course, California has yet to put up mile markers (except on stretches of CA58 ???). I've often wanted to do a comparison between roads in blue states and in red states just to see which ones are better or worse.
Do you like driving up the old dirt road? :devious:

Boy am I dragging this OT. Sorry.
Don't worry about it.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mods, please move this thread back to the ASL folder. It was started in the off topic area of the ASL forums, and should have stayed there per the traditional moderation of that forum.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did anybody mention Rad Girls on FUSE (I think)? :kotz:

PS: I don't want to talk about how I am aware of this show...the memories are too disturbing.:D