TV shows NOT to watch

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm stuck with watching:

"Keeping up with the Kardashians" & "Kimora"....

Who the F*ck cares".... Even though they have "lips" too "DO" something with......:p

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ice Road Truckers - Basically a soap opera in a truck. There is no drama in trucking.

WHAT? :devious:

You do NOT want to see the "drama" between a "very cold and irritated" drive and a very "money grubbing (will let some of his drivers ride in a refrigerator for a {buck}) owner operators"..... :blab:

There's the "Drama".....:(

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anything with commercials.

:freak:
I wish I could watch PBS......:smoke:

Bring on "BB and SS".....:p :coolban::banana::toast::devil::redapple:
:broccoli::nofear::horse:

Also:

BB= Big Bird...

SS= is NOT the 6-5-8s you are drooling about.....

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wish y'all could watch this:

The Medal of Honor presentation to the parents of PFC McGinness.

Yeah, I'm watching REAL TV....... Not that "stuff" put out by CNN and the "other" national stations.....

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Too much drama?"

truck driver drama specifically. I'm sure that will be followed by customer drama and then my boss drama.

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Too much drama?"

truck driver drama specifically. I'm sure that will be followed by customer drama and then my boss drama.
My brother-in-law drives for ConWay ... the stories he tells ... my God, you'd think the truck driving industry was a quilting bee ... no shortage of back-biting, petty jealousy, etc, etc.

You never want to get Bob on a rant about cars cutting in front of trucks on the highway ... seriously ... if you do, make sure you have a sandwich, a tall, cold beverage, and a director's chair ... 'cause once he gets goin', it's like watching a Dr. Phil marathon ...

Oh, no, my friends ... there is drama in the trucking industry ...

Brien

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, no, my friends ... there is drama in the trucking industry ...

Brien
There certainly is...but unfortunately they had to give up personal hygene to have room for the drama. :p:nuts::laugh:

One of the best that I ran into...had a driver taking a load of high performance tires, each one $1000, 275 tires on the load...driver parks the trailer in front of an apartment building in the shadiest, most crime-ridden part of the Atlanta suburbs...and *mysteriously* the trailer is empty in the morning. :rolleyes: I thought that the broker was going to have a heart attack when I presented him the bill for $275,000 of lost freight. :surprise::eek: There certainly was a LOT of drama regarding that episode. :laugh:

Another good one was the driver that was told that he couldn't unload for an hour until a dock door became available...so he told them that he would be at the bar across the street and to come get him when they were ready for him. :drink::laugh: He was so smashed when they finally sent someone across the street that the trucking company had to send another driver out to take over his load. :laugh:

C'mon Darryll...I know you got at least three stories that can top those. :laugh:

Semper Fi!
Scott

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
You never want to get Bob on a rant about cars cutting in front of trucks on the highway ... seriously ... if you do, make sure you have a sandwich, a tall, cold beverage, and a director's chair ... 'cause once he gets goin', it's like watching a Dr. Phil marathon ...
This all goes back to one of the greatest public policy mistakes ever made - allowing long haul truck traffic onto the interstate highway system. It killed most railroad freight traffic. The wear and tear on the interstates, which are now crumbling apart, is attributable mostly to heavy truck traffic.

I realize that trucks generate a lot of tax revenues, but I'll bet that that revenue stream could have been matched if more of the railroads had survived. What should have happened was that the interstates should have been reserved to traffic under a certain weight or vehicle configuration. Trucks, including heavy trucks, should have delivered goods and commodities from large railheads to customers or other distribution points. And the other way around as well. There would have been plenty of work for truckers, but it would be local.

Certainly we ought to be able to agree that mixing Honda Civics with 18-wheelers and tandems has not necessarily been a smart thing.

I haven't done a cost/benefit analysis on this, but who has?

:blab:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Reality shows which is now about 90% of tv. :angry:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Hockey
2. Soccer
3. American Idol
4. anything on MSNBC
5. Anything on The Disney Channel (do you know what crap they're foisting on your kids nowadays?)
6. Hockey
7. Soccer
8. Democratic Primary coverage
9. The Weather Channel (EXC: Stephanie Abrams/Heather Tesch)
10. Soccer

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Hockey
2. Soccer
3. American Idol
4. anything on MSNBC
5. Anything on The Disney Channel (do you know what crap they're foisting on your kids nowadays?)
6. Hockey
7. Soccer
8. Democratic Primary coverage
9. The Weather Channel (EXC: Stephanie Abrams/Heather Tesch)
10. Soccer
Dude.....

Have you had ANY coffee yet?

Hockey, Weather Channel? May you FREEZE in this gloomy season of "Global Warming (or cooling)"....

I am currently in So Korea with the Highs expected to reach 72 degrees over the next 72 hours....

Where's this "Global Warming" that "Al" lied about?:mad:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the few advantages of my 3 pm to 11 pm shift is not seeing any, "prime time," television.

I watch the news, Fox and local, the History Channels, Dirty Jobs, Myth Busters, and any NFL game I can find. And thats it.