Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,
Thanks for the AAR.
I think that you missed the fact that the Slovak 81mm mortars don't have smoke... which makes things harder for them.
I played the Slovaks and had most of my forces push through the hills on the right of the village.
Several cavalry squads managed to push far and to enter the village from behind (a charging cavalry squad attacked a 75* ART position and broke the crew - one rare successful cavalry charge in my gaming experience). Attrition reduced my forces and some tough Poles were in town, but I managed to grab the last objectives during the last turn.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Just a thanks to Robin for reviving this old post! Without it, I don't know when I would have discovered Neil's GREAT blog, Shooting Kittens for Food. I've really been enjoying this well-written, perceptive, varied, interesting, and witty read (currently in travelogue mode through Southeast Asia enroute to the Malaya Madmen ASL tournament). Excellent AARs too!

It's good when you can say: "Come for the ASL, stay for the culture!"

Last edited:

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just a thanks to Robin for reviving this old post! Without it, I don't know when I would have discovered Neil's GREAT blog, Shooting Kittens for Food. I've really been enjoying this well-written, perceptive, varied, interesting, and witty read (currently in travelogue mode through Southeast Asia enroute to the Malaya Madmen ASL tournament). Excellent AARs too!

It's good when you can say: "Come for the ASL, stay for the culture!"
Thanks very much for the kind words. It's nice to know that somebody outside my immediate family reads my blog