Turn counter doesn't remember nationalities (VASL 6.4.3).

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I grabbed a Russian/German turn counter and CTRL-Ned it to be a French/German counter.

If I save the game while the French side is up, then if I close and reload the game, the French side is still up, but if I flip it twice, the counter has reverted to Russian/German.

If I save the game while the German side is up, then if I close and reload the game, flipping the counter takes us straight back to Russian/German.

The annoyance level of this one is small, but if there is an easy fix I would appreciate it!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I grabbed a Russian/German turn counter and CTRL-Ned it to be a French/German counter.

If I save the game while the French side is up, then if I close and reload the game, the French side is still up, but if I flip it twice, the counter has reverted to Russian/German.

If I save the game while the German side is up, then if I close and reload the game, flipping the counter takes us straight back to Russian/German.

The annoyance level of this one is small, but if there is an easy fix I would appreciate it!
Thx for the report. I’ll check it out.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Other/Map/Control, top row.

I guess that technically it is not a "turn marker" but a "control marker"; I only ever seen it used as a turn marker, though. My mistake.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think I use that much. I use the colored versions (i.e., with each nationality) for control, and the perimeter markers (right below what you're using) for setup areas, and the regular turn marker for that. I'd love to see some variations for some of the odder matchups (Finn vs German, Vichy vs Free French...). It's one of the few places there's more physical counters than VASL counters.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's why I like the Control counter as a turn counter!

By the way, it might be worthwhile to add the Finns to the Allied side of the Control Counter as well, since they fight the Germans in a few-odd scenarios.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The nationality-control labels also appear to behave the same way, forgetting their original allegiance and defaulting to German/Russian when the game is reloaded.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The nationality-control labels also appear to behave the same way, forgetting their original allegiance and defaulting to German/Russian when the game is reloaded.
Maybe that is a new optional rule:

E27.2331 German Werwolf units and Russian Partisans

;)

von Marwitz

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see where you're going with that, but then shouldn't the behavior be that it turns into a American/Russian counter?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I see where you're going with that, but then shouldn't the behavior be that it turns into a American/Russian counter?
Maybe the Russians preempted what Patton had in mind to do with them. :D

But the quipping aside:
The latest issues noted here (erroneous croppning of boards and the nationality-switching are of major impact IMHO.

But I have the greatest understanding if BigAl, who has been hit by the major earthquake in Alaska, will take his time to look into it because - literally - real life shook up his agenda.

von Marwitz

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cropping is evil.

But seriously, the cropping issue, which I haven't tried to duplicate yet, is beyond my ability. That's an issue for one of those Coders out by the Kamino system.

I'll take a look at the nationality counter issue. It's on my list, which is getting longer, but it's on the list.