Turkey Day Greetings

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello to All...

Wishing you a GREAT Turkey Day with plenty of family and friends on a Thursday...

Football, Family, Friends & Food (The four "F's" of HAPPINESS).

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
On this solemn and historical day, I humbly ask that everyone take a moment at 10:24, to stand and to observe 3 mins of silence for all the turkeys who valiantly gave their lives for us...

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
On this solemn and historical day, I humbly ask that everyone take a moment at 10:24, to stand and to observe 3 mins of silence for all the turkeys who valiantly gave their lives for us...

Jack:

Would that be am or pm? If it's am, I'll be frying up a bird. If it's pm, I'll be asleep due to turkey tryptophan.

Cheers,

Mark

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Oh, I almost forgot. If I remember correctly, you're a Michigan guy. So, GO BUCKEYES!!!

Going to be watching it on my new 65" TV my sons got for me as an early Christmas present, followed by the Iron Bowl (Alabama - Auburn). Roll Tide!!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Oh, I almost forgot. If I remember correctly, you're a Michigan guy. So, GO BUCKEYES!!!

Going to be watching it on my new 65" TV my sons got for me as an early Christmas present, followed by the Iron Bowl (Alabama - Auburn). Roll Tide!!
Wahahahaha .. I ain't so lucky .. a little further up pass the Falls .. Toronto!!

Have good time Mark!!

:D

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As long as afterwards I can have mine served up with roast spuds, vegetables, stuffing and cranberry sauce..........:p

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What about F*cking??? :D
No, Kevin clearly has never gone to any British Army tactics course, I will explain.

We use the 4 B's and the 4 F's as follows.

On the Attack:
Feel for the Enemy
Find the Enemy
Fix the Enemy
F*^K the Enemy up

On the Defence:
Blind the Enemy
Block the Enemy
Bash the Enemy
Bugger the Enemy

Stick to them rules and not only will you have a sore Johnson, but also you will beat the crap outta the other side!

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You mean people can have sex more than once in a lifetime unlike salmon?
According to my Better half you can have it as much as 3 times a week:eek:! (never experianced that myself so i think she is telling me porky pies, or reading 50 shades of Grey again!)

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Hi folks!

Here in the States, today is Thanksgiving. Possibly our best holiday: no flag waving... no Bible thumping... there are times and places for all that...

Just a day which asks us simply to be thankful for what we have and to be mindful of those who have not (...plus there's football and lots of great food too!!).

To help prepare, I started the only scenario I own that took place on a Thanksgiving Day (and which happens to include Americans): "Happy Valley," from AP #8. This one is pretty fun - set in Tunisia, with the U.S. (versus Germans and two Italian ACs) defending a riverside village at the foot of some surrounding hills. Many vehicles, guns and German air support.

For anyone interested, I used the Scenario Archive site to locate other scenarios which took place on Thanksgiving Day. No others are MMP products, and only one other includes Americans ("Across the Wurm"). If you have them - and if you have time! - you might set up one of these for somtime after the tryptophan (actually, carbs) wear off:

Nov. 23, 1939: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 21, 1940: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 20, 1941:
- A Grim Day at Krasny Krim (Leibstandarte Pack 2 - Barbarossa)
- The King's Dash (Rout Pak)

Nov. 26, 1942:
- Happy Valley (AP#8)
- Cold Comfort (Those Ragged Bloody Heroes)
- Ambush at Small Creek (OCTOBear 2000)
- Von Bodenhausen's Ride (Schwerpunct #7)

Nov. 25, 1943: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 23, 1944
- Across the Wurm (Special Edition '96 - Tanks)

Nov. 22, 1945: no ASL scenario listed

Has anyone played either "Happy Valley" or another of the above scenarios?

P.S. Incidentally, the dates for Thanksgiving in 1939-1941 were controversial, as these dates were established by FDR by proclamation. Many refused to honor the date, and in late 1941(after Thanksgiving passed), he signed a bill reestablishing Lincoln's date (the 4th Thursday in November).

Of course, many nations have "Thanksgiving" or a similar holiday. Whatever yours is called - and whenever you "officially" celebrate it - peace and best wishes!

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
According to my Better half you can have it as much as 3 times a week:eek:! (never experianced that myself so i think she is telling me porky pies, or reading 50 shades of Grey again!)
Then in your most manly voice, you need to tell her to prove it.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, Kevin clearly has never gone to any British Army tactics course, I will explain.

We use the 4 B's and the 4 F's as follows.

On the Attack:
Feel for the Enemy
Find the Enemy
Fix the Enemy
F*^K the Enemy up

On the Defence:
Blind the Enemy
Block the Enemy
Bash the Enemy
Bugger the Enemy

Stick to them rules and not only will you have a sore Johnson, but also you will beat the crap outta the other side!
Silly British Tactics Guru....

Americans NEVER follow a plan after 1st contact....

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Happy Thanksgiving, you wild and crazy guys.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi folks!

Here in the States, today is Thanksgiving. Possibly our best holiday: no flag waving... no Bible thumping... there are times and places for all that...

Just a day which asks us simply to be thankful for what we have and to be mindful of those who have not (...plus there's football and lots of great food too!!).

To help prepare, I started the only scenario I own that took place on a Thanksgiving Day (and which happens to include Americans): "Happy Valley," from AP #8. This one is pretty fun - set in Tunisia, with the U.S. (versus Germans and two Italian ACs) defending a riverside village at the foot of some surrounding hills. Many vehicles, guns and German air support.

For anyone interested, I used the Scenario Archive site to locate other scenarios which took place on Thanksgiving Day. No others are MMP products, and only one other includes Americans ("Across the Wurm"). If you have them - and if you have time! - you might set up one of these for somtime after the tryptophan (actually, carbs) wear off:

Nov. 23, 1939: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 21, 1940: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 20, 1941:
- A Grim Day at Krasny Krim (Leibstandarte Pack 2 - Barbarossa)
- The King's Dash (Rout Pak)

Nov. 26, 1942:
- Happy Valley (AP#8)
- Cold Comfort (Those Ragged Bloody Heroes)
- Ambush at Small Creek (OCTOBear 2000)
- Von Bodenhausen's Ride (Schwerpunct #7)

Nov. 25, 1943: no ASL scenario listed

Nov. 23, 1944
- Across the Wurm (Special Edition '96 - Tanks)

Nov. 22, 1945: no ASL scenario listed

Has anyone played either "Happy Valley" or another of the above scenarios?

P.S. Incidentally, the dates for Thanksgiving in 1939-1941 were controversial, as these dates were established by FDR by proclamation. Many refused to honor the date, and in late 1941(after Thanksgiving passed), he signed a bill reestablishing Lincoln's date (the 4th Thursday in November).

Of course, many nations have "Thanksgiving" or a similar holiday. Whatever yours is called - and whenever you "officially" celebrate it - peace and best wishes!
I solo -played Happy Valley last year, and although I mis-handled my Americans ' set up, I would definitely play it again. I don't have the scenario card in front of me, but I seem to recall a unique SSR regarding HIP set up for some of the American vehicles. Also, this was my first experience with the 'Fort' maps which I especially enjoy using.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello to All...

Wishing you a GREAT Turkey Day with plenty of family and friends on a Thursday...

Football, Family, Friends & Food (The four "F's" of HAPPINESS).
Hi Kevin

Hope you a great day...............eat lots of turkey , drink lots of beer and watch sports..................until about a hour after the turkey then fall asleep.Joys of being 50+ eat turkey then lights out about a hour latter........................sucks.

Shane

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
American tactics and Thanksgiving since 1864 Find'em, Fix'em and Pile on