Turbine taking control of Europe LotRO

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turbine finally had enough of "Codemaster" screwing up it's game & ticking off ALL the players in every way possibile so they are taking full control of LotRO - Europe. http://www.lotro.com/news/latestnews/1157

Although thats not the "offical" reason given...

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/04/27/43942-turbine-assumed-control-of-lotro-in-europe/

April 27th, 2011 by xoanon
NEEDHAM, MA – APRIL 26, 2011 — Turbine announced today that it will be expanding its global operations and will assume full control of The Lord of the Rings Online™ (LOTRO) in Europe beginning June 1, 2011. As part of this transition, Codemasters Online will continue to operate the European LOTRO service until June 1st when the existing European players will begin the migration to Turbine’s global service.

“We are working very closely with our partner Codemasters Online to facilitate a smooth transition to our new global service. We will be providing free account transfers to our new global service and players will be notified when the transfer utility is available,” said Kate Paiz, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online. “We thank Codemasters for the outstanding job they have done publishing and operating LOTRO and we look forward to continuing to deliver one of the world’s best online entertainment experiences to the gamers of Europe.”
“After 4 years of successful publishing and operations we are proud to be handing over a vibrant and healthy service to Turbine,” said David Solari, Vice President and General Manager of Codemasters Online. ”I’d like to thank our many customers over the years for their commitment and look forward to bringing more service-based entertainment to them in the future.”

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was looming ever since Codemasters refused to take the f2p code as-is at release time.

I wish they had done that earlier, I could have hung out on the German server for a bit.