TU info

Mike Acid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Reading about this game some people wrote the game is very slow, that larger battles nedded extremley fast computers. When I play TOP2 (still) I like that I can play larger 1 regiment vs 1 regiment battles, is that possible in this game? I've seen pictures of division size TO&E's, but that seems to be there more for data purposes.

For you guys playing the game, what was the largest battle you played (how many units on the map), and how long did each the turns take?

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have played through corps level actually before for work, but on a stronger computer and in a teaching environment where a few minutes of play then was analyzed for hours lol.
As far as for myself, it really varies. I have played regiment vs regiment, which runs pretty slow, but not that bad if I am doing something in between, as usually I am. I can issue orders, check the reports of subordinates, and do something else for a little while then come back. I like large scale actions, so that is often how I play it.
However, for those times when I am not wanting to give all afternoon to about 25 minutes of battle, I usually play much smaller actions, company level, usually, sometimes a understrength btn., and that seems to work fine on my middle-of-the-line cpu.

Mike Acid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have played through corps level actually before for work, but on a stronger computer and in a teaching environment where a few minutes of play then was analyzed for hours lol.
As far as for myself, it really varies. I have played regiment vs regiment, which runs pretty slow, but not that bad if I am doing something in between, as usually I am. I can issue orders, check the reports of subordinates, and do something else for a little while then come back. I like large scale actions, so that is often how I play it.
However, for those times when I am not wanting to give all afternoon to about 25 minutes of battle, I usually play much smaller actions, company level, usually, sometimes a understrength btn., and that seems to work fine on my middle-of-the-line cpu.
Thanks for answering. Corp level? Didn't even know the game supported that high level.
Well, I have ordered it, but haven't got any e-mail confirmation yet.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They actually allow you to set the level up in edit mode. Most things in the game can be edited except the values of the weapons, and new additions to the weapons.
I got the confirmation in moments. If you are still waiting since yesterday you may want to drop HPS a line to ask.

Mike Acid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
They actually allow you to set the level up in edit mode. Most things in the game can be edited except the values of the weapons, and new additions to the weapons.
I got the confirmation in moments. If you are still waiting since yesterday you may want to drop HPS a line to ask.
It was an error on my part during ordering, I've got the game now. Waiting for that next patch as the first thing that happened was a few maniacs from a nearby friendly unit started shooting and killed my HQ. :D