TU Graphics Mod

JMass

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I divided my mod in two zip files, the first with the map graphics (I changed wreck indicators with smaller ww2 tank silhouettes -for now I like them- I worked on basic terrains zoom level 3, both summer and winter, and some other indicators have now a transparent background) and the latter with new silhouettes.

Download links:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1613330/TU/JM_TU_mod_map_v1.21.zip (TSS Common Update 001)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1613330/TU/JM_TU_mod_symbol_sets_v1.2.zip (updated on TU_1_00_03 - OK for 04)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1613330/TU/JM_TU_mod_symbol_sets_v1.2w.zip (as above but with the original infantry icon)

The mod is JSGME compatible ( http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html ) but you must install JSGME into the folder HPS Simulations, not in Tigers Unleashed, and uncompress the mod in HPS Simulations/MODS
It lacks some units but I added new ones (for example, a Pz III with the short gun) where were "spare" counters, it is possible to use them from the Unit Detail Info window (but I was not able to change symbols name), i wrote a text file with the list of all the silhouettes as in the Unit Detail Info window and in square brackets my modified ones, so if you want to use the Pzkpfw I or the T-60 silhouettes (graphics not present in the game) you must select the first spare symbol after the "-SIL Flame Tank" or the first before "-SIL Lt Tank".

View attachment 35062 View attachment 35063

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Love the mod however is it possible for you to do it again but not change the infantry icon as I quite like the original.

Thanks

JMass

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
But personalized mods are not cheap! :laugh:

OK, I'll do it tomorrow!

Macnab

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got JSGME ,put the two Mods in, really good ,Map and Icons give a new look for scn`s, thanks for doing them :)

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks mate.

Happy Xmas...that's a great present.

Another request if possible, any chance of a skier for Ski troops?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Excellent. I've just gone through the data viewer aswell changing it all. have you updated the text so I can see which spare you used? There are a hell of alot of units there, far more than the spares I expect. Have you thought about engineers, airborne and mountain troops?

Thanks alot mate great work. There was loads of cavalry units to change!

The data viewer goto weapon systems is the best place to change them as it stays permanent.

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just downlaoded one fthe map one again and I notice new vehicle wreckage icon (not the small tanks) and no transparent IP icons. Have you changed it again then?

JMass

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I updated my map mod to v1.21 on the new patched file so no more small tanks as wreckages, you have no transparent IP icons because the patch should overwrited my mod.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
JMass I'm not sure but I think you've zipped the wrong file in your map mod. It appears to be the standard bmp from the patch without your transparent IP's...either that or I somehow while messing around overwrote your file with the original in the actual zip itself.

JMass

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
You are right, I forgot one level but I am not sure that transparent IP's are a good idea because when there are more symbols in a hex it difficult to distinguish them.

JMass

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
So maybe I should work on your no transparent one for my mod then?
As you like, maybe some could be transparent and other less, I should try something but after the next patch, I am very busy with some Ostfront model's and I would to add more tanks (NA 1940-43) to Battle Academy.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
JMass I've spent all day just doing the trees, orchards and grapevines. All are finished using the techinque you mentioned then touching them up pixel by pixel. So far they look good. I'm doing it on the non transparent one of yours...I was thinking maybe a colour coding may work on the IP's rather than be tranparent, pale colour though, maybe a strip or somnthing down the side, similar to how Jison does it in PzC.

Agathosdaimon

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi, sorry to ask - how do i install this. I have TU and i like it, but i find it hard to work out the elevations on the maps - you mod graphics look nice, though i like the original wreckage just fine can i retain this somehow?