TtT Tournament Round 3

Reaction score
The third scenario, Shields in the Sand is not appearing in the AAR section of the ladder, so I am posting here, until it can be resolved.

=====

This was round three of the TtT tournament. This time I played JML in "SHIELDS IN THE SAND". I was the Desert Rats defending Tobruk from the Axis onslaught. Early on I thought I had a decent defense until a major end run by German armor, around my right flank. He sent the Italians up the middle, who were very successful early, but somehow got bogged down. Don;t know why, my defense was a shambles at that point (mid-game).

His armor end around also slowed a bit. I discovered that the early anti tank rifles, though not out-and-out tank killers, could pack a whallop, and slowed down his advance. I also kept the bulk of my engineers in the rear, to defend the docks, and a pair of objectives. Demo charges and grenades work very well in a built up area. My infantry took our more armor than my pillboxes and poor excuses for tanks. The one bright spot, was an unexpected sorty, or two, by friendly aircraft. They took out several 88s and their tow vehicles.

JML had a lot of resources left, but the clock ran out. Our losses were about even, except I lost a fair number of troops to surrender. In the end, I knocked way more armor, and retained a greater value in flags. That, I believe was the difference between victory and defeat. Had he more time, I am sure he would have prevailed.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
JML had a lot of resources left, but the clock ran out. Our losses were about even, except I lost a fair number of troops to surrender. In the end, I knocked way more armor, and retained a greater value in flags. That, I believe was the difference between victory and defeat. Had he more time, I am sure he would have prevailed.
I am sure tha is what the Aussies thought also ?:p

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I couldn't find the list of pairings for round three.

Iron Mike Allies v JML
Bertram Allies v Hooded One

Who else?

Here are the contestants:

Total Score
The Hooded One: 19
2054172: 18
KGPanzerschrecK: 16
antonius: 15
JML: 13
BRO Sapper: 12
Bertram: 11
Victor Charlie: 11
Neilm85uk: 10
Iron Mike USMC: 8
jdsu: 3
Cherper: 0

Who's still in?

Last edited:

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hood and I are exchanging fire once again. We are on turn 26/30 and his attacking Germans are finding a slow tough slog. It's not over but he's got his work cut out for himself.:devious:

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Hood and I are exchanging fire once again. We are on turn 26/30 and his attacking Germans are finding a slow tough slog. It's not over but he's got his work cut out for himself.:devious:
Nonsense. Just one more push and it's mine :lier:

:laugh::laugh:

Reaction score
Shields in the Sand is not listed for posting in the Ladder. Any idea how best to get this done, other than through the new scenario link in the ladder report form?

BRO Sapper

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bertram, I was playing KG Panzershreck. We just finished ours. My Air Power was key as otherwise I surely would have lost as I surely deserved! I ended up contesting the warehouse flag and holding onto the port flag which was just enough. A very skillful game by my opponent and I truly believe I was outplayed, great game KG Panzershreck!

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds much like Hood's and mine. If you're looking to add it to the ladder, the scenario is called "TTOT3 Shields in the Sand".

Good job BRO and it sounds like Schrek deserves a pat on the back as well. Thanks for finishing up!

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shields in the Sand is not listed for posting in the Ladder. Any idea how best to get this done, other than through the new scenario link in the ladder report form?
So Mike, what was the victory level you achieved over JML?
You can enter the game using the Scenario "TTOT3 Shields in the Sand"

Totals to date:
Round 3

Bertram: 4
BRO Sapper: 4

OVERALL
Total Score
The Hooded One: 19
2054172: 18
BRO Sapper: 16
KGPanzerschrecK: 16
antonius: 15
Bertram: 15
JML: 13
Victor Charlie: 11
Neilm85uk: 10
Iron Mike USMC: 8
jdsu: 3
Cherper: 0

MISSING IN ACTION:
Numberz
antonius
Neilm85uk
Victor Charlie
jdsu
Cherper

How were you guys paired? How are the games coming?:(

Last edited:

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
I was within one or two turns of the end when Neilm85uk disappeared. I emailed him several times but didn't get a response. I hope he is ok. So our game was left in limbo in about October. A great shame because it had been a terrific contest.

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I tried getting a hold of Neil a time or two to no avail. Do you have your last file that you can open? We may declare a winner and have to estimate the degree of win.

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes, fortunately I kept the last file Neil sent me as well as the following one that I sent him. I'll send you the file and password. Thanks.

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bertram,
I tried to send you the file but my email bounced back with the following diagnostic code: 571 spam source blocked.

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please try zipping the file and just make the subject line: cm

For some reason unzipped text files only have a 50:50 chance of making it through!

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bertram,

I did as you suggested but it still bounced back with the same spam message. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I can at least describe the situation. I had total control of 3 of the 5 flags, and I think I had control of the 4th one in the middle of open ground too as I had it occupied and surrounded by 4 of my heavier tanks, but I didn't get near the fifth one. I think both sides took heavy losses but most of the Australians are infantry so I can't see how many are left. I destroyed most of his armour though.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes Neil has gone:cry:.....unknown where:OHNO:....sounds like a major for Antonius :hurray:....Bertram do as you see fit:thumup:.....

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Antonius, try sending it to nflflagfallon at gmail dot com.

Should that be a problem please do a PrtScn shot or two showing the flags and your forces.

Thanks, John

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bertram,
I sent an email to nflflagfallon at gmail dot com. So far no bounce message...
Thanks.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know I've been gone a while, and you all are probably thinking about throwing large objects at me right now, but I haven't been entirely idle while I've been making the world safe for democracy, and defense contractors.

TtT4, which is nearing completion, will be part 1 of Operation Battleaxe. The sides in this battle will be the same as they were in TtT3, so if you were Brits, you will still be Brits. But, on a good note, the Jerries will be defending this time, so the Allied forces will have both the blessing and the curse of being the mobility-rich offense.

Battle 5, which is in concept only at the moment, will be a meeting engagement of epic proportions. The goal is to have both forces balance even enough that a full scale armored engagement can be fought without any flags whatsoever, as the real goal in the German counterattack was to destroy the British armor, and visa versa.

Well, I do thank you for your patience during my all expenses paid vacation to the middle of nowhere, and I hope both that you have enjoyed the tourney so far, and that you will enjoy the last two battles. It is my goal for this 4th installment to be another 'focus point' battle, with a particular point of armored warfare being key for each side, and that battle 5 will be a bit more conventional, brutal, and in short, a total annihilation match.

Reaction score
So Mike, what was the victory level you achieved over JML?
You can enter the game using the Scenario "TTOT3 Shields in the Sand"...
I had a 58/42 Allied victory over JML.

I am still unable to enter my report into the ladder. It is not recognizing the scenarion.