Tsc/scs?

Daiko

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hello! After some time focusing on tactical wargames (ASL mostly), I decided to try "Battle for Moscow" and I fell in love with it. So now Im looking for another game, and having seen Stalingrad Pocket II in my local store for 30€, Im thinking about getting into SCS. But I thought I would better first ask here so I dont end buying something I wont be using.
Im looking for a game simmilar to "Battle for Moscow", not to big because I dont have unlimited space, and playable in a rational number of hours (2hours, maybe a bit more but no more than an afternoon). Rules density is not a problem, I've been able to learn ASL as my first wargame and I'll have to teach my opponent how to play.
As I have only one face to face opponent, and I think introducing him to ASL is not a very good idea, Im not sure if it should be wise to pick a TCS game or a SCS one. Replayability, price, and lenght of the game are key factor.
Hope someone more familiar with the series can help me know if this is what Im looking for or where should I search.
Thanks!

Keith Todd

Reaction score
......should be wise to pick a TCS game or a SCS one. Replayability, price, and lenght of the game are key factor.
Hope someone more familiar with the series can help me know if this is what Im looking for or where should I search.
Thanks!
With your key factors, I would suggest SCS. TCS has scenarios that can be played in an afternoon but all around SCS is better suited for your requirements and was designed to meet your needs.

IMHO,
Keith

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To amplify what Keith said, SCS games are reminiscent of the proverbial "beer and pretzels" games that started this hobby, but with more modern conventions.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
To give you an idea : my wife plays SCS, not TCS, let alone OCS. Too many rules, counters and stuff to bother about, takes out the fun for her. She even prefers WWI, so I'm going to have some family wargaming with Rock of Marne just coming in :D