Trying to save my panzer!!!!

G

D3.32 confuses me...if an AFV moves in the MPh without using Bounding Fire, and then fires in the AFPh (Final Fire?), is it eligable for multiple Rate of Fire shots? D3.32 says if the vehicle did not exhaust its Multiple ROF during its MPh, it may fire a Multiple ROF weapon (only) again once...

C2.241 isn't much help because it seems to only refer to Defensive First and Final Fire (or is it for Bounding First and Final Fire also?)

C2.24 says it can use Multiple ROF "unless otherwise prohibited"...does D3.32 "otherwise prohibit" multiple shots in AFPh?

A7.25 seems to preclude Multiple ROF shots in AFPh (definitely for Ordnance...vehicular Ordnance also?)

Thanks in advance...

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

I will leave the rule book citations to others... but the short answer is this:

If you fire in YOUR movement phase you are using bounding fire and you may get rate of fire, but in most cases you will not gain acquisition.

If you fire in the Advancing Fire Phase, you do NOT get rate of fire, but you gain Acquisition.

Rate of Fire is N/A for fire during the Advancing Fire Phase.

Sam

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
SamB said:
Rate of Fire is N/A for fire during the Advancing Fire Phase.
Except for units using Opportunity Fire.

I know this doesn't apply to AFV, so isn't strictly relevant to the original question, but I have had an opponent try to have his panzers use Opp Fire so that they can use their ROF.
I confess I failed to catch it until some weeks afterwards :)

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Randy Pinkley said:
A7.25 seems to preclude Multiple ROF shots in AFPh (definitely for Ordnance...vehicular Ordnance also?)

Thanks in advance...
Sorry to post again (so soon!), but just noticed this.
Ordnance can use ROF in the AFPh if fired by Infantry (only)