Trying to learn Chapter D rules

SSTK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am confused.

Here is the situation:

A turreted AFV with a non-stabilized gun begins its MPh stopped and out of the LOS of all enemy units.

It expends 1 MP to start, then expends 5 MP to cross open ground, and 1 MP to stops to fire. All 5 MP plus the 1 MP to stop were expended with an LOS to the AFV's target.

Does To Hit Case B apply here? (RB and chart say AFPh.... that really messing me up :( )

Which To Hit Case C applies here? (I say just "C")

If the AFV would not have stopped, would Case C4 apply?

Thanks

SSTK

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You are in a Bounding First Fire situation.
Case C applies.
5.33 Bounding First Fire: A vehicle First Firing during its own MPh, and having had a continuous LOS to its target for > three MP uses the Case C To Hit DRM.
Case C is allways the sum of case B and a DRM linked with the type of turret your AFV has.
No restricted aim, so no C1 nor C2, just C.
C4 won't apply as you are stopped.
C Bounding Firer .............Case B plus [Stabilized Gun: +1] [T/ST: +2] [NT: +3]
Of course you don't add case B to case C a second time (I am trying to understand the "just case C").
So, you must have a +4 DRM, if your AFV is turreted (+5 if NT) - and don't forget a possible (and quite frequent) additional +1 BU DRM...

Hope this helped...:rolleyes:

SSTK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks

Robin,

Thanks - that helped alot.

I am sure that I will have many more "newbie" questions as I try to comprehend the Chapter D rules.

SSTK