Trying to find overlays in VASL

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all of the overlays loaded and extensions, but I still cannot find overlays

x9
x10
x13
OW1

Any ideas on where I can find these overlays or do they even exist in VASL?

Thanks,

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
They exist. x9 and x10 are single-hex buildings, so specify only one hex for them. The other two are multi-hex. I put all four on board 4 in arbitrary locations. What happens when you try? Can you put any building overlays down at all?

JR

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No problems with putting overlays on the map from the overlays button. However, the X-buildings only shows overlays for x-1 to x-5 and x-30. Also, I don't see anything for Orchard-Woods (OW) either.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not all the overlays are in the new system yet. The old system is still fully functional. The new system will eventually incorporate all overlays as time permits. I focused first on putting overlays in the new system that weren't user friendly or even available in the old system. And I added a few less troublesome overlays like the few buildings you saw. That is a long answer. Short answer, if it ain't in the new, it will be. Old system still works till then.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. Sounds like X-9 and X-10 are single hex buildings. Can someone tell me what X-13 and OW-1 overlays consist of, then I can at least get something down.

Thanks,

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Not all the overlays are in the new system yet. The old system is still fully functional. The new system will eventually incorporate all overlays as time permits. I focused first on putting overlays in the new system that weren't user friendly or even available in the old system. And I added a few less troublesome overlays like the few buildings you saw. That is a long answer. Short answer, if it ain't in the new, it will be. Old system still works till then.
Please clarify, 'new system' vs 'old system' is this VASL 6.4 vs 6.3?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In VASL 6.4 some of the overlays are now draggable from the top bar like rubble. Not all of the overlays are included yet. In fact the last scenario we played used like four overlays and none of them were included yet.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
OW1 (Orchard-Woods) as well as X13 (a two-hex wooden building) look to appear in the standard overlays at http://vasl.info/overlays.htm (top link). So if you install that you and apply your overlays to the map in the non-drag-n-drop method you should be good to go.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please clarify, 'new system' vs 'old system' is this VASL 6.4 vs 6.3?
Old is in VASL 6.3 and 6.4. It hasn't changed and is fully functional.

New is a module extension made for use starting with VASL 6.4. New is the way of the future but it isn't complete yet. As time permits, more and more overlays will be added to the new. Eventually everything in the old will be in the new.

The latest Into the Rubble 2 overlays are only in the new.