Try to Remember this Coming September....

NUTTERNAME

8 weeks? Bets? Well, 7 weeks now....

BATTLEFRONT UPDATES
SHOCK FORCE 2 PREORDERS AVAILABLE
Posted On: August 8, 2018
The journey to bring Combat Mission Shock Force 2 up to current Game Engine 4 is nearly is at an end! We are pleased to announce preorders for CMSF2 Base Game and Bundles are now available. And for those who don't know, all CMSF1 (original) products can be inexpensively upgraded once CMSF2 is released. How inexpensive? $35 for everything or less if you only have one or two things in need of an Upgrade.
The obvious question out there is "when will CMSF2 ship?" We're aiming for no later than the end of September. However, we'll soon release a demo with 4 battles and a training mission. That should help keep you occupied for a while.

NUTTERNAME

REMEMBER! CMSF2 Back Orders Are Still Available! So, hurry up and back-order while you still can!

NUTTERNAME

Here is a video... people have commented on it. Maybe it is just me, but why are people thinking this is a cannon strike on the trench? I hear helicopter noise, followed by that well-worn 'whoosh sound', followed by the explosions? Given the actual timing of the spread of the explosions, one should conclude it is actually Hydra rockets? Compare to the Bradly rate of fire. Not saying I am (in addition to being the smartest person on Earth), that I can observe better than the supposed designers and testers of the game, but in this case; I just might be. But I did get a chuckle from Testy-Steve's 'teaching moment'. How long till he blows-up? 30mm projectiles are some sort of blast weapon in his world?

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/133343-shock-force-2-beta-showcase-video/

They were being strafed by an Apache. Trenches are actually worse than open ground when it comes to that sort of attack. When you're in open ground, lying prone, the explosive and shrapnel effects are not contained. Inside a trench it's not so nice. Plus, in a trench the targets are nicely lined up, scattered around in the open makes getting hit less likely.
Remember, CM's trenches are not reinforced types with extensive overhead protection. Therefore, guys in trenches are sitting ducks for an Apache, A-10, or similar platform.
Steve
I would love to know where he 'gets' this information from? Trenches are now useless against direct fire from a low velocity 30mm cannon? It is laughable!

Attachments

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

HEY! October 16th is Boss' Day! Look who is acting bossy! That's right Mr. Charming is doing some 'Marketing'....

Customers are not rational by nature. What we do, or don't do, has no influence on that at all. If we satisfy a customer one way, then a customer will be dissatisfied in another way. There's absolutely no way, at all, to make everybody happy. I've been in this business for more than 25 years now and that is just the way it goes. I don't blame customers for being who they are, but I do explain things so that at least there's an understanding of why we do/don't do things a particular way. SG
I think an apparently ex-customer said it best.... especially since they are 'floating' him a loan...

Hi Steve.
I don't expect a update every day. But a info every 4-6 weeks would be nice. Even if you couldn't share much, a new screenshot now and then would be enough.
What made me really mad (and is the main reason I cancelled) is that you must have known that you won't be able to deliver end of September but you didn't see the necessity to inform your customers. In my book that's disrespectful.
I don't need a release date, or even care if it will be 2018, 2019 or 2020.