Trump to parents of dead solder: I sacrificed a lot

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Brian W, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2003
    USA
    Trump's sacrifice: working hard and generating jobs. Because, truth be told, he really wants to fire everyone.

How does he **** on so many vets and get away with it? Obama hasn't done much with the VA, but I think Trump must plan on firing the doctors, nurses and then turning out the patients with a: "I don't like wounded heroes; if you were really heroes you'd be dead".

2. witchbottles

witchbottles Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Rio Vista, CA
    Hundreds of celebrities crap all over veterans all the time, been doing it since Tokyo Rose and Lord Haw Haw, probably long before. Seems I recall Darius turning the locals against Xenophon's veterans as well, if one goes back that far for an example.

You name it, Dixie Chicks, Jane Fonda, Trump, HRC, all in the same boat.

Last good thing a President did for vets was force the Secretary for Veterans Affairs to resign after the dead, dying and screw you, no appointment scandals in 2013-2014.

Before that, you need to go to Clinton the first appointing a veteran as Secretary VA.

It is their god given right as Americans to talk down to the veterans and servicemen and women. We all served to guarantee that right. Would I defend the Dixie Chicks if I was an attorney and one of them was charged with a DUI ? nope. But that is just me, I am sure someone out there would use the excess of money to see past the lack of respect for America's defenders.

3. Dave68124

Dave68124 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    United States
    Where were you a couple days ago when the Bernie Brigade was booing a Medal of Honor recipient on the stage of the DNC? I guess when you guys do it, it is okay. Where were you when Obama was killing Vets by the bus load as they waited to get treatment in a VA facility? The timing of your newly found concern seems to be interesting.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. Dr Zaius

Dr Zaius Chief Defender of the Faith Staff Member Administrator Moderator

There are times when Trump says stupid, indefensible crap. This is one of them.

That said, he has a right to a retort of some kind. If you get up in front of an audience at a political event and use your military service (or in this case your son's military service) as a vehicle to attack a political opponent, then they have a legitimate claim to a retort of some kind.

So Trump wasn't wrong for replying, nor was doing so "attacking the guy's military service." However, the way Trump went about it was stupid, ugly and unproductive.

It's an ugly campaign, folks, with tons of ugliness from all sides of the political spectrum. And it's going to get a lot worse. By the time it's over with and one of them is finally elected, the other side is going to hate the winner so bad it's going to engender a non-stop scorched earth campaign to destroy, demonize, and undermine their presidency at all costs. Because the other side will see it as a holy duty to do nothing less.

And I predict the media will sink to new lows we haven't yet even imagined as the talking heads revel in all this ugliness and tirelessly work to push their own narratives. You watch.

5. Dave68124

Dave68124 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    United States
    I think Trump's child like behaviors are now fact so whatever he says or how he says it no longer even news worthy. What kills me is the hypocrisy of those attacking that all of sudden have a grave concern for the well being of Vets after booing them on stage of the DNC and saying absolutely nothing as the Obama administration let the linger in healthcare limbo. Had this been a Rep administration, there would have been a Cat 5 sh*t storm, but barely even a light sprinkle for the bought and paid for media.

6. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    That's what many combat vets say " I'm not a hero. All the real Heros are dead." Yes, Trump can be an incredible putz and say stupefyingly stupid things.

7. Fort

Fort Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2005
    virginia
    110% this

8. Marty Ward

Marty Ward Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    So the father is angry at Trump because he wants to limit immigration but he supports the candidate who voted for the war that his son was killed in. Makes sense to me.

9. ChrisM

ChrisM Active Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Mineola, NY
    Trump"s despicable. Are we surprised?

10. Dave68124

Dave68124 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    United States
    It used to be a mother and father story of a dead soldier's parents. Dad let the cat out of the bag earlier today when he expanded his demands to the Majority Leader and Speaker to pull their support of Trump. A real media would have called BS on this whole affair after that, but I suspect the bought and paid for DNC mouth pieces will continue to not do their job.

Unfortunately, Dad is more well spoken than Trump.

11. TopT

TopT Active Member

May 2, 2004
    Pa
    Yeah, I was on the Father's side at first but alas, everything comes down to politics. It is a shame.

12. TopT

TopT Active Member

May 2, 2004
    Pa
    You know Mike Pence voted for the war also, right?

13. ChrisM

ChrisM Active Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Mineola, NY
    Last point on this for me - once again we see Trump's temperament in evidence. Any perceived criticism is taken as a personal affront and has to be responded to with schoolyard taunts. look at Trump's Twitter feed this morning. He has all the emotional maturity of a 15 year old and has evidenced this throughout his public life.

14. Tater

Tater Star Spangled Spud

Oct 25, 2003
    Ardmore, TN
    Is Mike Pence running for President?

Is Mike Pence exploiting the grief of bereaved parents for his own political gain?

No, and let's play devil's advocate for just a second...

Suppose we had a ban already in place back when the Khans tried to come to America...and they didn't get in. Who else wouldn't have gotten in?

The 9/11 attackers...
    The family of the terrorist in Orlando...
    The terrorists in San Bernadino...

That is 3000 (mostly Americans) that would still be alive...

Also, The Khans son would still be alive...albeit living in Pakistan.

BTW, Trump never called for a ban...he mentioned a moratorium on Muslim immigration from countries known to support/harbor Jihadist terrorists as well as countries in the midst of war. And even then only until we can come up with a way to adequately vet the immigrants from these countries.

15. Tater

Tater Star Spangled Spud

Oct 25, 2003
    Ardmore, TN
    I would vote for any 15 year old before I would see the blatant and overt corruption of the Clinton mob ascend to the WH again.

Trump is not a polished politician...he has a tendency to say things off the cuff. And Frankly, I find it refreshing.

I would also point out that this is the exact same type thing they said about Reagan...called him a cowboy and that he would turn the world into the wild-wild west...they used the same "do you want his hand on the button" scare tactics back then. And of course, it was all absolute BS!

For a guy who claims to be a member of the GOP you sure do love the libtard talking points.

16. MAS01

MAS01 Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Joplin, MO

Unfortunately, only Trump has a chance to keep Hillary (aka Nixon in drag) out of the White House.

17. ChrisM

ChrisM Active Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Mineola, NY
    That does suck. Thanks Tea Party!

@Tate: Screw the liberals. But I do have a sense of common decency that this guy continually offends. You don't engage in bickering with gold Star parents - you accept criticism and move on to talk about the anemic growth rate in the economy (the numbers just came out over the weekend). The wya Trump gets disatrcted every tiem someone ruffles his feathers is sickening and scary.

18. Martin Mayers

Martin Mayers Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Manchester
    Correct. You show respect to people who have lost their son in the service of your country regardless of what they throw at you. You don't need to agree with them. But you can disagree respectfully.

What the hell has the mother of the solder being quiet got to do with absolutely anything?

Trump has no empathy. None at all. I genuinely think he's a little bit backward mentally.

19. Sparafucil3

Sparafucil3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    You didn't like Obama, so the Left called you a racist. You don't like Trump, so now they Right will call you a "libtard". Extremists of either party are opposite sides of the same coin. Shallow in their thinking and reflexive in their regurgitation of party rhetoric, all while accusing you of the same thing for daring to think outside their narrowly defined, self interested scope. Truth is often stranger than fiction. -- jim

PS: welcome to the club, one non-Trump supported to another.