Trump "sides" with Democrats on budget dealings; bails GOP out

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Sand Bar Bill, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
    10:30: Paul Ryan calls Dem debt deal "ridiculous", "unworkable."

12:30: Trump agrees to Dem debt deal.

Said Mitch McConnell:

“The president agreed with Sen. Schumer and Congresswoman Pelosi to do a three-month [funding extension] and a debt ceiling into December, and that’s what I will be offering based on the president’s decision, to the bill. And we’ll try to get 60 votes and move forward,” McConnell told reporters Wednesday afternoon. “The president can speak for himself, but his feeling was that we needed to come together to not create a picture of divisiveness at a time of genuine national crisis. And that was the rationale.”​

Ryan is a turd, Trump is still garbage, and McConnell is still a turtle. But all off the hook thanks to the Dems. It seems to have rankled the base however:

Trump’s agreement, which he described to reporters as he flew to an event in Bismarck, N.D., came over the objections of his fellow Republicans who ostensibly run Congress. In effect, Trump further empowered its Democratic minority to influence the outcome of a range of budget, immigration and tax issues through the end of the year.

The pact left several Republican leaders seething that the self-proclaimed deal-maker had undercut his own party’s leaders to give leverage to their political rivals, who celebrated openly.​

Given the hand the 2016 election has dealt, I ain't complain'.

2. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
  3. JimWhite

JimWhite Active Member Silver Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Newark, Delaware
    Are you saying Trump might be for something before he is against it?

Gee...where have we heard that before?

4. KED

KED Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    Mitch McConnell is a giant douche and Ryan was a turd sandwich, until he came around. With this deal Trump proved he can work with the Dems. Now it's time for his own party to work with him or lose all legitimacy.

5. Dave68124

Dave68124 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    United States
    Trump will regret it. There is a reason Dems wanted December and hold Trump hostage to get what they want to threaten to shut down the government at Christmas. Dems have proven they don't give a shit about the debt. The rest of the inside baseball stuff that Bill seems to cheer about when it goes in his favor is just noise that nobody else gives a rat's ass about.

6. Matt Book

Matt Book Active Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Debt = Government Growth

Why would the left not want Debt?

7. Sand Bar Bill

Sand Bar Bill Summertime

Jul 30, 2006
    The greenhouse
    Haha. Wait until "tax reform" time. Then we will see who how the GOP cares (same as 2001) though the GOP can run their pretend growth rates of 4% and pretend they won't be running up the debt. I suppose I should be glad the GOP is utterly incompetent at governing.

I think, excuse me, know, the Democrats are far more competent in running the government.

8. MAS01

MAS01 Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Joplin, MO

Time to report for your drug screening.

9. Dave68124

Dave68124 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    United States
    Which of course is why they don't run the White House, Congress, a majority of Governorships or a majority of State Legislatures, because they are so good at it. :rolleyes:

Please explain why the states that Dems do run top to bottom are fiscal cluster fucks or does that not fit your partisan narrative so it is ignored.

10. Marty Ward

Marty Ward Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Democrats have such good ideas they must be mandated!

11. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    Seems to me Democrats generally hate business and love Goverment. I'm on the other side, I cheer business and loath government. My reasoning is govenment takes a lot and gives little, and business takes little and gives a lot.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  12. Paul M. Weir

Paul M. Weir Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Are you lot delusional?

Trump doesn't side with anyone but himself! He'd make a deal with ISIS if it made him look like him getting a "win". It's only about the ratings.

Anyway, whatever about Republicans in general over the years, the current crop could not agree to pïss if their crotches were on fire. It's one thing to decide to buck their loser child president, but they are incapable of implementing any alternative.

13. Sparafucil3

Sparafucil3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    I would say the same for your BREXIT lot. Different shit, same sauce. -- jim

14. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    How dare you call me ENGLISH!!!!!!! :mad:

15. Sparafucil3

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    I can't tell the difference between any of you lot from that European island. -- jim

16. Paul M. Weir

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    Typical loud ignorant American tourist, doesn't even know what country he is in! :p

My location of Dublin might give you a clue.

17. Sparafucil3

Oct 7, 2004
    USA
    Is that in England? -- jim

18. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    You idiot, everybody knows Dublin is in Scotland.

19. Marty Ward

Marty Ward Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Dublin is in Maryland. Stupid guy thinks a State is a country!