Trump Isn't Hitler

Brian W

Trump isn't Hitler. He's Trump.

And Trumpism is just a synonym for Fascism

And if you don't want to be called a fascist, don't support Trump.

DWPetros

Fascism isn't Hitlerism. It can find a home in practically any country, including the US.

It was said: “When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled ‘made in Germany’; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, ‘Americanism'”

Victor

It is true he is not Hitler. He is his own special brand of insanity with a cocaine-addled brain and more than a pinch of megalomania. Looking forward to the next Great Depression if the GOP doesn't step in and reverse course on his ridiculous trade war. Buckle up for the nose dive otherwise.

Tater

Star Spangled Spud
Fascism isn't Hitlerism. It can find a home in practically any country, including the US.

It was said: “When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled ‘made in Germany’; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, ‘Americanism'”
Actually, it will be called liberalism...

Tater

Star Spangled Spud
It is true he is not Hitler. He is his own special brand of insanity with a cocaine-addled brain and more than a pinch of megalomania. Looking forward to the next Great Depression if the GOP doesn't step in and reverse course on his ridiculous trade war. Buckle up for the nose dive otherwise.
The EU, Canada and China will come to the table and fairly quickly. They have way more to lose than the USA. The biggest threat is the return of the US manufacturing sector...if we retool/reopen manufacturing facilities then we won't need any of the cheap a$$ $h!+ from China/EU. No way can our trading partners around the world risk the rebirth of the US industrial sector.

Victor

The EU, Canada and China will come to the table and fairly quickly. They have way more to lose than the USA. The biggest threat is the return of the US manufacturing sector...if we retool/reopen manufacturing facilities then we won't need any of the cheap a$$ $h!+ from China/EU. No way can our trading partners around the world risk the rebirth of the US industrial sector.
Manufacturing the way it used to be, will never come back anywhere and be competitive. Automation alone makes it a relic. The jobs (far, far fewer of them) will be in operating and maintenance of such automation.

MarkDV

I want to say that Trump is Ross Perot writ large. Perot had these very issues ie free trade, manufacturing jobs going away, as issues in 1992. Trump just found a way to grab the issue and make it work with middle America, much to the chagrin of the left coast and west coast.

FOR the record I did NOT vote for either Trump or Clinton. Clinton because well...Clinton. Trump because he never found a way to apologize to John McCain in Sept 2015. Go mr. 3.6% aka Gary Johnson......ok not so much

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
FOR the record I did NOT vote for either Trump or Clinton. Clinton because well...Clinton. Trump because he never found a way to apologize to John McCain in Sept 2015. Go mr. 3.6% aka Gary Johnson......ok not so much
So you're the other Johnson voter. I was wondering who you were. -- jim (proud part of the 3.6%)

Victor

I want to say that Trump is Ross Perot writ large. Perot had these very issues ie free trade, manufacturing jobs going away, as issues in 1992. Trump just found a way to grab the issue and make it work with middle America, much to the chagrin of the left coast and west coast.

He sold it with empty, unobtainable promises, but he sold it.

Dave68124

Read in the WSJ today (maybe it was CNBC) that we have collected $1.4B in tariffs on Steal and Aluminum so far this year. That should make Sand Bar happy...

Victor

Read in the WSJ today (maybe it was CNBC) that we have collected $1.4B in tariffs on Steal and Aluminum so far this year. That should make Sand Bar happy...
So many industries, such as soybean farmers, are being hit hard by tariffs. I guess the government put them on welfare to compensate. I'm sure they are really happy to be on welfare instead of selling soybean product to China. I guess we wait and see who blinks first, in the meantime. Oh and yes, it was CNBC. I read that article too.

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
As Victor points out, this will help balance out the compensating payments made to American businesses losing money from the tariff wars. LOL.

And I hope it is not the middle class consumer who is, in effect, paying it. But it probalby is. Better the tariff be taken out of corporate profits directly, but it probably isn't.

Dave68124

So many industries, such as soybean farmers, are being hit hard by tariffs. I guess the government put them on welfare to compensate. I'm sure they are really happy to be on welfare instead of selling soybean product to China. I guess we wait and see who blinks first, in the meantime. Oh and yes, it was CNBC. I read that article too.
Already on a form of welfare even before the tariffs. I grew up in a farm state and very aware of what the puts and takes are.

BTW - Tariffs are bad for business all the way around but I am hopeful it isn't the norm but rather a means to an end. We shall see...

Dave68124

As Victor points out, this will help balance out the compensating payments made to American businesses losing money from the tariff wars. LOL.

And I hope it is not the middle class consumer who is, in effect, paying it. But it probalby is. Better the tariff be taken out of corporate profits directly, but it probably isn't.
Just no making you happy Bill. Get an extra $1.4B and you complain.

BTW - You have logic problem in your argument. If they get taken out of corp profits, who do you think they eventually pass those cost increases on to?

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Just no making you happy Bill. Get an extra $1.4B and you complain.

BTW - You have logic problem in your argument. If they get taken out of corp profits, who do you think they eventually pass those cost increases on to?
I can find a cloud behind all of Trump's silver linings!

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Hitler had Blondi. Trump had nothing.

Trump is the first president since Andrew Johnson not to have a dog in the White House. Trump is the only president never to have a pet of any kind in the White House. Trump is the only president never to have had a pet at all.

Hey, I would rather have Trump than Hitler of course. But Trump is one disconnected dude from the world... in many, many ways.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
I've always had a very slight distrust of dog loving vegetarians, a cat is a vegetarian's natural companion, to protect your grain from rats, not to hunt animals for food with! :p

Apart from being a nasty shit, the only real similarity I see between Spanky and Hitler is the degree of chaos and internecine warfare within the WH. When I hear about the latest tantrum or internal conflict I keep thinking of "Der Untergang", except Bruno Ganz is thinner, has bigger hands and a better dress sense.

The fact that Spanky used similar themes to Hitler to con his way into power, is nothing, xenophobia, racism, authoritarianism, misogyny, etc are common enough techniques, pretty much standard operating procedure for a good chunk of the right. Spanky's pal Duterte is far more deserving of the comparison.

Dave68124

The fact that Spanky used similar themes to Hitler to con his way into power, is nothing, xenophobia, racism, authoritarianism, misogyny, etc are common enough techniques, pretty much standard operating procedure for a good chunk of the right. Spanky's pal Duterte is far more deserving of the comparison.
Cough...cough....if you don't think that Hillary also pulled from the same playbook in her bid you have some serious blinders on. What exactly do you call courting black voters with your message? Flip side of the same coin.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Cough...cough....if you don't think that Hillary also pulled from the same playbook in her bid you have some serious blinders on. What exactly do you call courting black voters with your message? Flip side of the same coin.
Oh, yes, I so remember HC with her famous "White Devils" aka "Honky Dogs" speech where she described whites, anglo-saxon men in particular, as murdering, raping, thieving animals who should not be allowed into the US and those that were there there should be expelled. She painted a picture of people cowering in their homes while rabid Heritage Foundation gang members roamed the streets, burning and looting. Yes, her finest hour!

I suspect her Christian Travel Ban might have run in trouble with the courts, though, damn pesky constitution. She was also briefly in favour of seizing guns without due process. ... Oh, wait, that was someone else!

Unfortunately, Youtube must have taken that video of her speech down along with the Alex Jones stuff, as I can't find it now, maybe you can help?

Last edited: