Country
llUnited States
Actually a sad day for America

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Until the removal and then the indictment, America will only have sad days.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why? No one (except libtards :rolleyes:) says anything about his Nuremberg rally chants and yet you here those exact same chants. That is in a place packed only with tRUMP supporters and the chants are against his political enemies.

Now he goes to a place that they cannot possibly get everyone to drink the kool aid at the same time and he gets the exact same treatment that he dishes out daily. Karma is a mother fucker!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a sad day for American. When republican congressmen booed President Obama while speaking in the House! Not drunken baseball fans, but actual republican congressmen. Probably Chas voted for at least one of them.

Well, Chas, boo to you.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is fair. Anything done to a Democrat is fair but when the same is done to a "devout christian, pro-USA republican" then the country has surely lost it's way.

The hypocrisy from the right is killing me. If it weren't for State Run Media these people wouldn't know what to say.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'If only all Rome Washington had just one neck'. ... Caligula Trump

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A sad day for America when the deficit is doubled, the environment sold out and nothing done in the public interest for the average, every day citizen.

Meanwhile, Trump mocking a handicapped reporter:

And lets not even get into all the personal, invective tweets he puts out.

I don't know how anyone who theoretically cares about the civility, reconciles voting for Trump.

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas brings up a good question though. Namely, I think, that the POTUS, no matter who, should get more respect. Joe Scarborough brought this up today too - he's no friend of Trump. Maybe this is like - 'salute the rank, not the man'. I get it.

So, with due respect - should Trump get more respect because he's the POTUS?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
My approach to anyone new is that I give them respect until they prove themselves unworthy. They will regain such respect if they behave themselves. Spanky has done everything short of genocide to loose my respect. I am simplistic in that I can't untangle Spanky from POTUS, so my answer is definitely Not!

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
So, with due respect - should Trump get more respect because he's the POTUS?
Do you give your boss more respect than they earn? Do you confuse your respect for the position he or she holds with the respect you feel towards him or her? Trump is a bad human being for whom I have little respect for. I would still stand up when he enters the room because that's what you do for Presidents. -- jim

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A sad day when Sand Bar Bill can randomly get called out by the crazy homeless man wailing in the alley and rolling around in his feces....

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you give your boss more respect than they earn? Do you confuse your respect for the position he or she holds with the respect you feel towards him or her? Trump is a bad human being for whom I have little respect for. I would still stand up when he enters the room because that's what you do for Presidents. -- jim
Way back when in my early forum days, I acknowledged what you have stated vis-a-vis George Bush the Second. And I would have felt I needed an honor an invitation to the George Bush II White House (like that would ever happened). Trump has destroyed the decorum and civility of the office.

Trump is not the boss of the average Joe Blow in the stadium. The average Joe Blow is Trump's boss and they are merely following the example he himself has set..

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The video link is broke.
If Congressman did boo President Obama, then shame on them.

I am a critical thinker, not a radical.

BTW I have never actually voted for any Congressperson in my life. The only one I would have voted for would have been Jack Kingston, but I was not registered to vote. He was a "friend" to the 3rd Infantry Division and trained at the same baseball facility I did. He played with the regular joes.

Here's a sad day for American. When republican congressmen booed President Obama while speaking in the House! Not drunken baseball fans, but actual republican congressmen. Probably Chas voted for at least one of them.

Well, Chas, boo to you.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trump started his campaign by calling about 5% of our country's fathers and grandfathers rapists. He should be booed, he should be locked in stocks and people should chuck rotten fruit at him. Indeed, and anyone that voted for him.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Way back when in my early forum days, I acknowledged what you have stated vis-a-vis George Bush the Second. And I would have felt I needed an honor an invitation to the George Bush II White House (like that would ever happened). Trump has destroyed the decorum and civility of the office.
No one person can destroy the decorum of the office without our consent. The occupant may abuse it, rub our noses in his excesses, any number of things that might make your blood boil. When the next person occupies the office, the decorum is back unless you want to throw it all away again.

Trump is not the boss of the average Joe Blow in the stadium. The average Joe Blow is Trump's boss and they are merely following the example he himself has set..
WRT the boss comment, it's called a metaphor. I will make no defenses for Trump's reprehensible behavior. I do indeed believe he earned the response he got, but the response itself is contributing to the degradation of the decorum your lamenting the loss of. Just my .02. YMMV. -- jim

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Personally I think the cold shoulder might've been a better move but Miss Manners seems to agree that some kind of expression is warranted.

Miss Manners, should we just overlook her behavior, as we were not personally affected?

GENTLE READER: If people never expressed social disapproval except in cases in which they were personally involved, society would be in a bad way. And when they do, it is often in a worse way.

That is to say that social standards are maintained by a show of disapproval when violated. If there is no apparent public interest in how badly people behave, behavior in general keeps getting worse. And yet a great deal of cruelty and, indeed, outright injustice has been directed at individuals under this mandate.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's Trump from 2011 disparaging the president in the prosecution of Osama bin Laden.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
No one person can destroy the decorum of the office without our consent. The occupant may abuse it, rub our noses in his excesses, any number of things that might make your blood boil. When the next person occupies the office, the decorum is back unless you want to throw it all away again.
In theory, I tend to agree. But not in practice.

Theoretically, the decorum of office may be independent of the person(s) holding it. Nevertheless it is the persons that give the office a face. I believe, the decorum of office rubs off on the person holding it and vice versa.

So if one wants the decorum of office of the Presidency to be maintained, one should not allow it to be defiled. In that way, it would be correct to say the decorum of office cannot be destroyed without the consent of the people.

Like it or not, currently Trump dominates the picture of the US in the world because how he acts is irresistible to report for media world-wide. Of course, Trump is not America nor stands for the American people (albeit a very significant number of Americans support him despite or even because of what he does). But Trump is a figurehead. I think it is not really controversial that the actions of figureheads have an impact on the perception of the whole. I also believe that most Americans cannot imagine the extent of the vast damage to the esteem of the US in the world by friend and foe alike.

Thus to separate the decorum of office from its holder is something beyond control in practice.

Trump destroyed so much trust in the reliability of the US and the sincerety of its interests that any President following him, no matter how much better, will be very heavily burdened attempting to rebuild it. It is the same with the decorum of office.