trump Appealing in Court how does it work?

Gunner Scott

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in a couple of court cases, trump has lost, so can the banks turn over the orange turds bank records or does an appeal stop them?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in a couple of court cases, trump has lost, so can the banks turn over the orange turds bank records or does an appeal stop them?
an appeal stops them
goes to circuit court, wait on the circuit courts decision and then... either party appeals that decision
then
Supreme court decides whether to take the case or kick it back to the circuit court in one form or another

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
In one or both cases the judge not only rejected the restraining suit but refused to put a stay on the supoenas pending appeal. From what I read a lot of financial stuff has already been turned over.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I hate the dude, but this has been much ado about nothing. Sort of like him asking his predecessor for his birth certificate. It would be nice to see the same bloody nose applied to those demanding Trump got when he did it. Stupid is as stupid does I guess. -- jim

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hate the dude, but this has been much ado about nothing. Sort of like him asking his predecessor for his birth certificate.
This is exactly why it should be done, if nothing else.

But I also think it goes much, much deeper in that the Obama claims were the start of fake news to the max. The odds are probably at least even that this is a legit request.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
But I also think it goes much, much deeper in that the Obama claims were the start of fake news to the max. The odds are probably at least even that this is a legit request.
There's zero doubt both requests were legit. What remains to be seen is if there is anything embarrassing in the tax records. That's the hope for those requesting them. Perfectly timed too. It should carry on right up until the new election. The left better hope it's juicy. The backlash could be terrible if it is not. -- jim

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's zero doubt both requests were legit. What remains to be seen is if there is anything embarrassing in the tax records. That's the hope for those requesting them. Perfectly timed too. It should carry on right up until the new election. The left better hope it's juicy. The backlash could be terrible if it is not. -- jim
I misspoke - I meant 50/50 that the tax returns will reveal criminal activity of some kind.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I misspoke - I meant 50/50 that the tax returns will reveal criminal activity of some kind.
I doubt it reveals anything criminal. It may show he doesn't have as much money as he brags about having (my guess) or that his involvement in the Russian deal was more than he claimed. -- jim

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt it reveals anything criminal. It may show he doesn't have as much money as he brags about having (my guess) or that his involvement in the Russian deal was more than he claimed. -- jim
or it shows (probably) that he over-inflated the value of properties for his benefit and then under-valued the same properties for tax purposes

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
A lot of legitimate business have practices that sail so close to and scrape against the law that you see showers of sparks regularly, sometimes a nasty looking but shallow gash in the paintwork. The problem is that Spanky thinks he is driving a dodgem car or Greek trireme and rams right through. As Peeresident he regularly gets blocked in the courts and that's just public policy issues. For him the constitution and law is for suckers, so I would be quite amazed if a decent number of blatant breaches were not in his (recent) past. It's quite clear that it's so in his nature that significant crimes were most likely committed by him.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It's quite clear that it's so in his nature that significant crimes were most likely committed by him.
Much like all other political operatives and big business people, if he has broken the law, you won't catch him here. Even if you do catch him in something, how likely is it that someone can prove malice? Like him or not, I have to believe he is at least as smart as the Clintons and no one ever put anything on Hillary's $1000 into $100000 in 10 months. I am sure that was all above board too. -- jim

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Much like all other political operatives and big business people, if he has broken the law, you won't catch him here. Even if you do catch him in something, how likely is it that someone can prove malice? Like him or not, I have to believe he is at least as smart as the Clintons and no one ever put anything on Hillary's $1000 into $100000 in 10 months. I am sure that was all above board too. -- jim
Sad but true