True life story

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m always interested in a cool story. Here’s one of mine:
I was suppose to meet this builder at a house to look at a chimney problem. I wanted to give a good impression and maybe increase my business network so I showed up early. Only problem is I was too early and decided to park at the library parking lot (a few blocks away) and chill out for 15-20 minutes till it was time to go.
Fifteen minutes later I turn the key to start my truck up and clicking sound, OMG ! Dead battery !
I pop the hood and start looking for a quick jump start and what do you know, the guy parked right next to my truck gets in his car. I walk up to him (he’s in the driver seat) and meekly ask him for a jump start. The guy stares at me with this weird look, almost mocking or something, and doesn’t even answer. I’m kinda thinking “ok, at least you can say no!” So I walk away saying “Ok Asshole”.
I see another driver in the lot and approach him for a quick jump start. I offer him $10. He says “You don’t have to pay me. I’ll give you a jump start.”
That’s when I heard the car door close. The guy whom I had just called an ‘asshole’ was out of his car and moving, ut-oh, my stupid remark might have repercussions.
He walks up to me, honestly I’m a little nervous , what the hell is he going to say?
He says, (swear to God) “ I was having a seizure and was confused and didn’t know what was happening. I snapped out of it when you called me an asshole.”
I said “ I’m the asshole! Your blank stare freaked me out! Sorry ‘bout that. I’m just trying to go to this important meeting.”
The epileptic guy popped his hood and gave my truck the jump start it needed. I wanted to hug him. Lol.

In retrospect, maybe that guy shouldn’t be driving but at least I learned a good lesson “things are not always as they seem.”.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here’s one about my friend Dave. He died way too early and here’s one story:
Dave was driving down the street and saw this fight going on. It looked like one of his friends vs. three dudes. The guy fighting (later a US marine) was named Jake and he was not the friend Dave thought he was, a different person entirely. Dave quickly pulls his car over to rush to the aid of the guy whom he thinks is his friend currently fighting against 3-1 odds. Jake sees it differently, now a new guy is charging, a fourth adversary “Oh great ! Now 4 against one! ”
Dave runs up and looks at Jake and realizes he is not who he thought he was, makes a split second decision and yells “I GOT YUR BACK !” Anyway!
The two new friends chased the other three away and became great friends from that day forward. That’s the way Dave rolled, made friends everywhere he went. The end.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a call from my brother-in-law Frank. He needs a crew of guys to fill in and move the Ace Hardware corporate headquarters. You see this mid-level executive named Jen had just fired two crews of movers (about 20 people) because she didn’t like the looks of them. I thought a second and realized my friend and his band mates needed work so I say “I can get a crew there tomorrow at 7 AM”
Me and the ‘band’ show up at 7am sharp and start moving stuff. One of the band has a t-shirt that has a picture of a five leafed plant that says ‘Weed’ (what an idiot). Anyway, we follow the plan given to us and put in solid work all day long. We take apart desks and shelves and stuff and move them to the new office across the parking lot. The whole time we asked every person we met “Are you Jen?” or “Have you seen Jen ?” it became a running joke. Eventually at 3:30 we find the elusive Jen and she wants us to do stuff. I tell her “We have to leave at 4 because that’s when my crew’s kids get out of school.” So we leave and I drove all four of us home but I get the phone call from Frank, basically “Can you go back there and make Jen happy?”
I turn the car around and drive all the way back and right when I get back to the Ace Corporate Headquarters the phone rings again “ forget it, go home and go back tomorrow morning at 9am.” I drive home again, lol.
Next day Saturday I show up on time to finish the job. I sit and wait, nobody lets me in. I call Frank 1/2 an hour later “I can’t get in. I’m going to leave in 15 minutes.” He tells me go to the front door- there is Jen.
Have you ever been ambushed verbally? You know, when the other person fumigated all night long and thought of all types of crap to release a barrage with next time they see you ? It happened to me. Jen to the third degree: “ What time did you get here yesterday? And what did you do? And blah blah blah...... ?!?!?” Finally, “Give me back your security pass”. I hand it over.
I walk dejected toward the door with my bucket of tools, demoralized. Then, in the doorway I stopped and thought “I’m going to get everyone fired !”
I turn to Jen and say with great conviction “YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU GOTTA BAD ATTITUDE !”
She vents “ You’re damn right I do ! Dominick lied and Dominick this and Dominick that.... “
I half lie “I don’t like Dominick either, besides, I work for Frank.”
She says “Frank? I like Frank.”
I say “ Yes, he sent me here to help YOU !”
Jen “Here’s your pass back, let’s do this.”

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Way back in the day when I was probably 16 years old I got my drivers license and soon thereafter my first speeding ticket. It wasn’t too bad a ticket, just 7-9 miles over the limit. A friend told me I should go to court and ask for supervision that way it doesn’t go on your permanent record. I intercepted the mail so my folks wouldn’t know and kept it on the low down.
When the day comes I put on my best shirt and show up at the crowded courthouse to find my courtroom. Cautiously I make my way in and don’t know what to expect, I’m a nervous kid in court for the first time.
Anyway, they would call people up in groups of eight and you would stand in line until it was your turn. They call my name “Here !” I go stand and pay attention. The judge looked and acted mean as hell. “No ! Supervision denied !”, “I don’t believe you- Guilty !” He had a mean scowl and a quick temper and even gave the cops crap. His name was Judge Hennessy. After all the people in front of me are either guilty or denied supervision they call my name. I step up and the judge says in a super syrupy voice “Well, Miiiister Bendis. So nice to meet you. How can I help today?” Stunned by the sudden incredible sarcasm I figure I must be in big trouble, he hasn’t been nice to anyone !! I stumble with words “ I’d like to maybe...if it’s ok to ask the court for court supervision...maybe?”
Hennessy eyes the ceiling as if to deeply consider the matter then taps the gavel like a magic wand and says sweet as silk “court supervision granted.”
I walk out kinda bewildered on “Why was he so nice to me?” It was like he was messing with me, made the whole thing...eerie.
Later on that very day maybe during dinner my Dad says to me “I heard you got a speeding ticket, is that true?”
I’m busted, embarrassed and freaked “How does he know?” but say the right thing “yes, I got one. Just payed the fine.”
My Dad smiling “I was playing racket ball with Judge Hennessy and he told me all about it. Please slow down.”

Last edited: