Trucks, valid sniper targets?

kraigssams

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my opponent is using his Opel Blitzes as sniper magnates. I consider this very cheezy (kinda irritates me). None of the trucks has any passengers. So here is my question, D5.1 says "all unarmed vehicles are manned only by an inherent driver who never leaves the vehicle and is never treated as a crew. So am I right in assuming that it is a non-target as per 14.22 "an unarmored vehicle with no PRC can be considered an ineligible target at the option of the sniper player." ?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope, trucks are sniper targets (immobilized). Trucks can get very cheesy.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It' a choice on the part of the sniper plsyer. You can ignore them but do not have to.
I lost a scenario once due to the damn sniper immobilising 3 out of 6 trucks once.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It' a choice on the part of the sniper plsyer. You can ignore them but do not have to.
I lost a scenario once due to the damn sniper immobilising 3 out of 6 trucks once.
Great story! Gotta love this game...

von Marwitz

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
If you had a Concealed Truck and a Concealed MTR equidistant, does the player get to know which is which before deciding the sniper hex?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If you had a Concealed Truck and a Concealed MTR equidistant, does the player get to know which is which before deciding the sniper hex?
Isn't the gun the one with the ½” counter possessing it?

JR

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Isn't the gun the one with the ½” counter possessing it?

JR
Fine, if you had a Concealed Truck and a Concealed CE Tiger. (edit: Concealed OT AFV because you can't see the CE counter either)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The rules aren't clear about the matter, but if the hex where the sniper lands does not contain an eligible target or the enemy sniper, the sniper player moves the attack to the nearest hex that has an eligible target [A14.21]. Since an unarmored vehicle with no PRC can be considered ineligible at the sniper player's option [A14.22], it would seem that some information would have to be given. That might be done in one of two ways. The attacked player might tell that one hex contains an optionally ignorable vehicle, or perhaps the sniper player has to say he will opt to ignore all optionally ineligible targets. As I said I don't think the rules give a procedure.

JR

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Ok. I'm going to shoot in a Q. Your assessment of what the rules say is the same as mine although I came to an opposite conclusion on what to do about it.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Q: If one had a Concealed Truck and a Concealed OT AFV equidistant from a sniper Random Location DR hex, does the sniper player get to know which of the two hexes contains an optionally ineligible target before deciding the target hex (e.g. the concealed units player says something like "hex A5 contains an ignorable eligible target”)?

A: Essentially.

....Perry
MMP