TROLLS are Charging a lot for the Bridge toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
After taking my morning medication, I fell into a dream state praying for the souls that the Trolls have consumed over the years...
And at what point did the ASL Gamesquad Forum leave it's usefulness as a serious forum for OPEN conversation, and degraded into the Trash compactor status?
Trash compactors serve a purpose, but is likely to be avoided by most.

I find it humorous when participants post honest threads and get derailed within 4-5 posts by these same trolls.
Moderators continue to allow this to occur building a strong and stable community (....of trolls).

We all know who they are, and some are associated with certain cliques.

I guess we need a committee to send posts for Troll approval. But, that would defeat their purpose.

Again, just wondering if GS was ever an inviting open forum where discussion can be had without the ego building "Reaction Score" hounds.

Just something reflected upon...while I'm scooping up dog Fecal Piles in the backyard....GS just seemed to come to mind.

SGT Dan the GS forum misses you.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well said; let's see how long this thread lasts before the censors march in.

One trash-compacting effect that needs to go: the so-called moderators of this forum who chime in their personal opinions and emojis on matters they should keep their mouths shut about. The main effect of moderation is supposedly to create a welcoming community; but instead we get is the private Hudson feeling, 'how do I get out of this chickens..t outfit!'

Let me put it another way: actors should act, singers should sing, and moderators should moderate.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Again, just wondering if GS was ever an inviting open forum where discussion can be had without the ego building "Reaction Score" hounds.
The ASL Forums are just the latest iteration of the old ASL Mailing list. Nothing more, nothing less. I find the community very welcoming and very tolerant of all kinds of views. Like the old ASLML, topics tend to drift after some period. It is the natural course of things. Many have tried their own forums, seeking to improve things, even GS has done so. It cleaned up some. It drove others away. Some have ran away only to come back under a different pseudonym because in the end, it is a pretty good reflection of who we are and how we communicate. Not all will like it. Some will even hate it, such is the nature of things.

WRT to "Reaction Scores": I always thought they were a bad idea but really, who follows them? -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
After taking my morning medication, I fell into a dream state praying for the souls that the Trolls have consumed over the years...
And at what point did the ASL Gamesquad Forum leave it's usefulness as a serious forum for OPEN conversation, and degraded into the Trash compactor status?
Trash compactors serve a purpose, but is likely to be avoided by most.

I find it humorous when participants post honest threads and get derailed within 4-5 posts by these same trolls.
Moderators continue to allow this to occur building a strong and stable community (....of trolls).

We all know who they are, and some are associated with certain cliques.

I guess we need a committee to send posts for Troll approval. But, that would defeat their purpose.

Just something reflected upon...while I'm scooping up dogshit in the backyard....GS just seemed to come to mind.

SGT Dan the GS forum misses you.
I must commend you for being a responsible pet owner for picking up your dog's feces, some in my neighborhood do not.🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Well said; let's see how long this thread lasts before the censors march in.

One trash-compacting effect that needs to go: the so-called moderators of this forum who chime in their personal opinions and emojis on matters they should keep their mouths shut about. The main effect of moderation is supposedly to create a welcoming community; but instead we get is the private Hudson feeling, 'how do I get out of this chickens..t outfit!'

Let me put it another way: actors should act, singers should sing, and moderators should moderate.
Bitd performers were expected to be able to act, sing, dance and play an instrument. Today's performers are by in large one trick ponies. Too bad.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bitd performers were expected to be able to act, sing, dance and play an instrument. Today's performers are by in large one trick ponies. Too bad.
Guess you don't watch any movies because the moderators and committee members are better entertainment around here?! That's definitely too bad. Sorry Vaudeville isn't around anymore, but there's always Three Stooges reruns if you get bored with the forum.

At least you don't take yourself as seriously as the rest of the approval committee; kudos for that :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Guess you don't watch any movies because the moderators and committee members are better entertainment around here?! That's definitely too bad. Sorry Vaudeville isn't around anymore, but there's always Three Stooges reruns if you get bored with the forum.

At least you don't take yourself as seriously as the rest of the approval committee; kudos for that :)
Actually I don't watch movies very often and the ones I do watch tend to be ones I have already seen.

Vaudeville did expect performers to be multi talented for the most part. A shame that is no longer required of entertainers.

Very much like The Three Stooges. The ones with Curly and Shemp, not the later ones.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Very much like The Three Stooges. The ones with Curly and Shemp, not the later ones.
Precisely. But unlike some, those stooges were very intelligent, truly comical, and not demeaning of anybody but themselves. Perhaps Three Stooges reruns should be mandatory training for mods.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am surprised to say that I have had one post removed. It was a link to the 1947 film produced by the US military "Don't be a Sucker". I thought it was historical and of interest.

No big deal - I have had no other issues with the moderators. Nor with any posts anyone has made.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I am surprised to say that I have had one post removed. It was a link to the 1947 film produced by the US military "Don't be a Sucker". I thought it was historical and of interest.

No big deal - I have had no other issues with the moderators. Nor with any posts anyone has made.
I feel most of my posts should be removed for being too silly and of little value to the average ASL aficionado. ☹

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sometimes I am serious and sometimes I go for the chuckle in my posts.
Only once did I screw up and I apologized to the person I offended.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
<shrug> Every thread has a certain natural useful life span, after which time it goes to seed.

Just how long that takes is a function of how valuable people feel the original topic is.

I don't see a difference of opinion a to just what that point is for a given thread as any sort of crisis.

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
<shrug> Every thread has a certain natural useful life span, after which time it goes to seed.

Just how long that takes is a function of how valuable people feel the original topic is.
You are correct, and Trolls reduce that natural life span.

Why are moderators continuing this artificial reduction of "life span" by not doing their assigned duty?
Moderators don't have "buddies"... but I guess that little point is ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.