Tripps vs Mad Russian - playtest ME

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
OK, have the setup and read the interesting and informative Briefing - all 9 pages!

It appears i've already wiped out a whole bunch of unsupported German infantry ( :hurray: ) and now my valiant and victorious forces are expecting a counter by some AFV's of unknown type and origin.

I have at my disposal lots of T-26's of varying models, as well as varying quality.

Setup areas were pretty tight, so no surprises on where i will start for The Mad Russian - see attached for map, the circle indicates a raised hill blocking LOS to what i assume is MR's start area.

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Your wrong - those are the leftover fires from when I annihilated some pesky Germans beforehand.
According to the briefing anyways, probably just a platoon, but the commander, eager to pass some good news back to Division amounst all the chaos, bumped it up to a full battalion :)

Turn 1 watched, sound contacts directly over the hill, and some racing along my left flank - i get to fire 2 tanks this turn at an AFV on the road right at the extreme of the map, with single digit %'s to hit i'm not expecting much apart from boosting my green and conscript soldiers by firing big boomy guns :)

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

There is a reason why i'm deleting all this reference to the game, not cos i got my butt handed to me, i did :) but for reasons later to be revealed :)

Last edited:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Our battle is moving right along. There have been numerous tank vs tank engagements all across the map. The Romanian R2's are holding their own but I can't get too bold with them or they end up looking like Swiss cheese from Russian gunners.

Good Hunting.

MR

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did not know that the Romanians used R2s. I thought that was Star Wars Technology. Surely the side with R2s will win!

Bertram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ah yes, the dreaded D2 version with the feared arc welder & buzz saw armaments!:eek:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the site I used for the information on the R2.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/arme/?article=236

Regretfully this is not the famed D2 unit. That unit had still not been delivered to the Romanians at the time of this battle. It was in fact not integrated into the Romanian combat units until after the Romanians switched sides and attacked Germany.

There are some Romanian histories that credit General Yoda with winning the war using those very R2-D2 units and not the Russians with their packs of inferior T-34's.

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Radio Man: "Nemesis to Tripps, come in Tripps."

"Commander, we have lost contact with Tripps."

Nemesis Commander: "I knew this would happen. Tripps was probably confused by the definition of a Meeting Engagement and utterly destroyed as a result. He hasn't sent out a communication in weeks! Poor Bastard, he died so quickly he couldn't even call for help!"

More seriously, what is going on?

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nemesis Lead said:
Radio Man: "Nemesis to Tripps, come in Tripps."

"Commander, we have lost contact with Tripps."

Nemesis Commander: "I knew this would happen. Tripps was probably confused by the definition of a Meeting Engagement and utterly destroyed as a result. He hasn't sent out a communication in weeks! Poor Bastard, he died so quickly he couldn't even call for help!"

More seriously, what is going on?
It's my understanding he is on a business trip until the end of the month.

Good Hunting.

MR