Travel case for maps

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have seen these in use and it looks like a really good solution. I found one 'reconditioned' and shipped by Amazon and it we $65 I think so will see how it works out. I have been thinking of laminating the maps. I am guessing there are opinions both ways but they would certainly last a lot longer.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I've laminated some of the SK maps I have, and wouldn't really recommend it.

Your mileage may well vary on that, but I really don't find the lamination adds enough to justify the work or expense.
They're pretty durable maps as they are, and unless your crew is really rough on playing surfaces, I wouldn't bother.

I laminate all my paper maps (HASLs, etc.) but don't find it worth the effort for cardstock maps.

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone using the fishing rod cases taken them on a flight as carry-on luggage? I ask because technically they shouldn’t be allowed (too long in one dimension). I’m curious to know if the airlines ever gave you any trouble.

-N

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone using the fishing rod cases taken them on a flight as carry-on luggage? I ask because technically they shouldn’t be allowed (too long in one dimension). I’m curious to know if the airlines ever gave you any trouble.

-N
I was able to carry on to ASLOK, but had to gate check it on the way home. It all depends on the gate agent. Bag held up well as checked luggage but I emptied external pockets.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I am hoping to get the metal cut this coming week to make about a dozen of my aluminium map folders.