Transfer of SW

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi all:

Is the free rearrangement to change possession of SW/Guns made on the Rally Phase included in case C, concealement loss table? ( "engages in any other action")

[4.431 TRANSFER: Stacks may be freely rearranged to change possession of SW/Guns—but in all cases only between different Good Order unpinned units in the same Location [EXC: Wire (B26.4); Panji (G9.52); NA between Crest-status units and units IN a Depression], and only during a RPh, at the start of their APh, or as a result of the creation of a sub-unit from a MMC. ...]

If yes, both of them (the one that lose the SW and the one who gets it) or just one of them?

thx in advance

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all:

Is the free rearrangement to change possession of SW/Guns made on the Rally Phase included in case C, concealement loss table? ( "engages in any other action")

[4.431 TRANSFER: Stacks may be freely rearranged to change possession of SW/Guns—but in all cases only between different Good Order unpinned units in the same Location [EXC: Wire (B26.4); Panji (G9.52); NA between Crest-status units and units IN a Depression], and only during a RPh, at the start of their APh, or as a result of the creation of a sub-unit from a MMC. ...]

If yes, both of them (the one that lose the SW and the one who gets it) or just one of them?

thx in advance
I think both lose concealment from Case C.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
SW Transfer is a concealment loss activity. The only actions that are EXCepted are included on the concealment table as well as under A12.141:

A12.141 ACTIONS: Any other activity which a concealed unit engages in [EXC: operation of radio/field phone; taking a PAATC or Set DC NTC; dropping/attempted repair of a SW/Gun; Spotting; and application of a leadership modifier to another concealed unit's PAATC (EXC: 12.41)] causes loss of concealment if that unit is currently in the LOS and within 16 hexes of a Good Order enemy ground unit.​
Note that the concealment table always takes precedence as it is more complete.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SW Transfer is a concealment loss activity. The only actions that are EXCepted are included on the concealment table as well as under A12.141:

A12.141 ACTIONS: Any other activity which a concealed unit engages in [EXC: operation of radio/field phone; taking a PAATC or Set DC NTC; dropping/attempted repair of a SW/Gun; Spotting; and application of a leadership modifier to another concealed unit's PAATC (EXC: 12.41)] causes loss of concealment if that unit is currently in the LOS and within 16 hexes of a Good Order enemy ground unit.​
Note that the concealment table always takes precedence as it is more complete.
But if instead of transferring, one unit drops the SW and another unit recovers it, only the latter potentially loses concealment? Seems to be the rule, though it is hard to see why it should be so.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I believe this is true. All I can suggest is that dropping a SW is a truly free act - just take your hands off it. No need to move around the Location. OTOH, picking up the SW, or transferring it between units, requires some sort of movement within the Location. One unit would have to seek out the unpossessed SW or else move to the possessing unit's exact spot to make the exchange.

It's a pretty quibbly rule, but given that a hex is supposedly 40 meters in diameter, I can see some sense in it.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you are trying too hard. I'm just going to call it a rule and get back to my game.