Traitors!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I saw something today which I have not seen before. A brigade sitting at around 90% strength surrendured. The entire brigade and all of its subordinate units! :OHNO: It was being attacked on both flanks, but the attacks didn't seem to be causing all that much direct damage. Nevertheless, the brigade surrendured, leaving a massive hole right in the center of my line.

It seems to be worthwhile to attack tougher units from multiple directions as this may cause them to simply collapse under the strain. I have seen this happen to smaller units many times, but I've never seen such a powerful unit collapse so suddenly. It had a combat power somewhere around 48 prior to this.

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fighting Spirit...

I have to say that the fighting moral of the digital soldier declines alarmingly after oh about WWII! LOL :laugh: :p

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
I saw something today which I have not seen before. A brigade sitting at around 90% strength surrendured. The entire brigade and all of its subordinate units! :OHNO: It was being attacked on both flanks, but the attacks didn't seem to be causing all that much direct damage. Nevertheless, the brigade surrendured, leaving a massive hole right in the center of my line.

It seems to be worthwhile to attack tougher units from multiple directions as this may cause them to simply collapse under the strain. I have seen this happen to smaller units many times, but I've never seen such a powerful unit collapse so suddenly. It had a combat power somewhere around 48 prior to this.
You must also take into account if the enemy has PSYOP units, the AI uses the heck out of those, and the version you have has very powerful PSYOP capabilities. Also, If he was in a pincer and maybe there's restrictive terrain in it's AI "retreat" path, the unit may well have been pummeled quite handily. Look through your sitrep and see how much damage and drop in morale/C2 it took before surrendering, you may be surprised!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the attacks involved large amounts of artillery fire, the cumulative suppression may have been a significant factor too.

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
A brigade sitting at around 90% strength surrendured...I've never seen such a powerful unit collapse so suddenly.
:laugh: maybe it was a leadership problem :p

All in good fun,