Trailbreaks

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've encountered some oddities with trail breaks. To describe two,
  • A TB in woods, for example, is LESS restrictive than a KGP woods-unpaved road. For instance, a mobile vehicle on such a w-r prevents other vehicles from using the KGP woods-unpaved road, but not on a trailbreak. You can overstack vehicles on a TB, but not such a w-r (because vehicles can't enter after the first).
  • A carrier is stopped on a TB. The HS abandons the carrier and the TB disappears. (This is because the carrier is now Immobile by the definition, and B13.4211 applies.) Being stunned/STUNned also causes a TB to disappear.
I asked Perry some questions about these, but never got a reply. I asked tonight if
  • Should "Immobile" in line 1 of B13.4211 be "Immobilized" instead?
  • Should the words "limited by one-way direction rules" be removed from the last sentence of B13.4212? (Making the sentence "Usage of a TB is as if the TB were a One-Lane bridge (6.43)."
What do you think about these issues with TB? Discussion?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
IIRC, only one vehicle at a time can use the same TB.

If there's one vehicle on a KGP woods-road, are you saying another vehicle could not enter the hex moving in the woods (i.e., not on the road)?

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, only one vehicle at a time can use the same TB.
I can't find anything in the rules that prevents overstacking on a TB. B13.4212 invokes only the "one-way direction rules" of the One-Lane Bridge rules.

If there's one vehicle on a KGP woods-road, are you saying another vehicle could not enter the hex moving in the woods (i.e., not on the road)?
No, they could enter the woods. I only was talking about using the road. SSR KGP7 invokes the full One-Lane Bridge rules, so the presence of a vehicle on the road blocks it to vehicular traffic (with the B6.431 EXC for +2 target size and motorcycles).

What is your opinion of the "I stepped out for a smoke and the forest regrew" or "we only ducked down for a minute and the forest regrew" situations?

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can't find anything in the rules that prevents overstacking on a TB. B13.4212 invokes only the "one-way direction rules" of the One-Lane Bridge rules.

No, they could enter the woods. I only was talking about using the road. SSR KGP7 invokes the full One-Lane Bridge rules, so the presence of a vehicle on the road blocks it to vehicular traffic (with the B6.431 EXC for +2 target size and motorcycles).

What is your opinion of the "I stepped out for a smoke and the forest regrew" or "we only ducked down for a minute and the forest regrew" situations?
Going by this Q&A, I don't believe that vehicles can overstack on the same trailbreak.

B13.421
A Fully Tracked AFV has entered a woods location, placing a partial TB counter and ending its MPh in that location neither immobilized nor as a wreck. A second fully tracked AFV wants to enter the same woods location via the partial TB with the intention to end its MPh there as well. Can the second fully tracked AFV use that partial TB free of a Bog check? Could the second AFV “complete” the partial TB by exiting the woods hex?

A. No to both (B13.4211-.12); place a second partial TB when the second AFV enters (unless the first AFV had bogged, making it Immobile and removing its partial TB).

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That Q&A deals with creating partial TBs. I am talking about an already-established full TB across the hex. The units are using the existing TB, they are not placing new TB.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A tank that creates a TB and then is shocked (thus being rendered immobile, potentially temporarily) loses the TB? Im happy to know that. My opponent who is now stuck in a minefield in a sunken road not so much.