Trail Break ... leaving the hex in bypass of a different hex

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B28.61
A TB may also be used to show fully-tracked AFV movement into or through a minefield [EXC: the TB may not be placed if that AFV is using VBM].
Mine in OG. AFV rolls in, takes the personnel mine on the IFT. Does not immobilize. Mine in front of a building. Vehicle does not want to risk falling in the cellar and wants to exit the location bypassing the building. The entry in the OG creates the partial, does the exit of the OG into bypass of another location leave the full TB pointing to the hexside crossed?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
B28.61

Mine in OG. AFV rolls in, takes the personnel mine on the IFT. Does not immobilize. Mine in front of a building. Vehicle does not want to risk falling in the cellar and wants to exit the location bypassing the building. The entry in the OG creates the partial, does the exit of the OG into bypass of another location leave the full TB pointing to the hexside crossed?
Per q&a:

q&a said:
B28.61 states that a trailbreak may be created through minefields with an EXC stating “the TB may not be placed if that AFV is using VBM”. Is this referring only to the hex that the TB is meant to be created in?
A. Correct.
Based on this I believe the trailbreak is placed even if the vehicle use VBM in the hex it entered from to leaves to, as long as it doesn't use VBM in the trailbreak hex itself.

As an aside, not placing trailbreaks for VBM is probably a simplifying game mechanic and not meant to represent anything. But that is just my speculation.

JR

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like a Perry Sez is in order (easy for me to say). We played it the opposite way in our try at FB CGIII, to my detriment....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Seems like a Perry Sez is in order (easy for me to say). We played it the opposite way in our try at FB CGIII, to my detriment....
Since above is a PerrySez, what more would you ask? It seems fairly clear. But don't let me stop you from submitting one. I am just curious how you find it unclear.

JR