TPP System Counters

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Hi everyone,

I have seen the SW/inherent first fire counters (along with advance fired, no smoke etc.) in the Blood & Jungle set of a friend of mine.
Are such counters included in any other TPP?

Also, what are some other generally useful system counters from other products?

Michal

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michal

I think LFT had some of these in one of their products, I just cant recall which one at the moment.

Thanks
Joe

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are SMC and Crew prisoner counters...
No WP, No APCR, No WP, etc counters...
CMG Fire...BMG fired...AAMG Fire...
Burning wrecks...
ADV Fired...
Axis/Allied Controlled...

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I like the burning wreck counters because they actually reduce counter clutter, i.e., they replace the wreck and blaze counters with one counter.

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
There are SMC and Crew prisoner counters...
No WP, No APCR, No WP, etc counters...
CMG Fire...BMG fired...AAMG Fire...
Burning wrecks...
ADV Fired...
Axis/Allied Controlled...
I have most of these from various BFP products, thanks for the tips!

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Burning Wrecks - a great addition to the counter mix. I actually used up every one of them in a recent playing of Koniev's Finest.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone,

I have seen the SW/inherent first fire counters (along with advance fired, no smoke etc.) in the Blood & Jungle set of a friend of mine.
Are such counters included in any other TPP?

Also, what are some other generally useful system counters from other products?

Michal

not sure if one would consider them system counters per se, but years ago some outfit did the turret counters for the Germans, Americans, Soviet, and English. Very useful, and fun to use. If a bit hard to read at times. Shame they didn't do follow on's for the French or Italians.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
not sure if one would consider them system counters per se, but years ago some outfit did the turret counters for the Germans, Americans, Soviet, and English. Very useful, and fun to use. If a bit hard to read at times. Shame they didn't do follow on's for the French or Italians.
That was Countersmith Workshop IIRC.

I've got these and have long pondered to finally put them to use when I switched my storage to RAACO 1.5 years ago. They are a bit larger than 1/2" counters. At last, I have decided against it mainly because it would make counter storage much more complicated and because the increased work for picking counters and putting them back after the game probably does not outweigh the benefit. On top, these are not available for all German, US, Russian and British vehicles.

Still, at times, it is nagging at me that I should use them.

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I still use the SL era coloured turret counters, combined with some that LFT (FTC 3?) did in nationality colours that were not done in SL. No factors or numbers, just not white.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was Countersmith Workshop IIRC.

I've got these and have long pondered to finally put them to use when I switched my storage to RAACO 1.5 years ago. They are a bit larger than 1/2" counters. At last, I have decided against it mainly because it would make counter storage much more complicated and because the increased work for picking counters and putting them back after the game probably does not outweigh the benefit. On top, these are not available for all German, US, Russian and British vehicles.

Still, at times, it is nagging at me that I should use them.

von Marwitz
yeah that was the one. Oh they are pure candy and will rot your teeth, uneccesary and all that but I think they are fun to use and aethetically, they rule, much better looking on a game board than those white things that scream .. no fun. However yeah man storing those was a bit of an issue. I first just tossed into the vehicle slots in the Raaco inserts but as I started to assemble a kit more geared to CG play where you often had many more than 3 or 6 of a particular AFV it did become too messy.

So my solution, I stole some of my wife's craft Planos ..which also are also very useful when you break out the big HASL and you need that 4th table. The one unfortunately shorter than the other 3 haha

Attachments