Tournement Extension

Tankleader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
I was sinking with a game and it said I needed the tournement extension. Does anyone have a link, I tried google but no luck.

Thanks
Andy

Tankleader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WaterRabbit said:
I'd be more concerned with bailing water out of the boat! :D
It's the whole mind to fingers coordination thing that has me worried now!!! :cheeky: But seriously does anyone have this extension, it's the second one this week that isn't on any of the regualr sites.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
From a quick look, it seems to me it's an extension not yet officially released. For example, Rodney Kinney said that "oba.ext" file I found the other day is still being worked on. Once it, and any other extension files in progress, are completed Rodney gets a copy which he can then distribute.

So Tankleader... I suggest either:

1. Wait till it's finished and released in the usual spot on www.vasl.org
2. Or ask one of the players involved in the game if they either know where you can get a copy or if they can send you one.
3. Or ignore the error and just continue watching the game - that works, doesn't it?

Tankleader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for all of the advice. It's just me getting everything up and running again on my laptop and having been out of the loop. I thought that maybe I had missed an update or something. I can wait for the release.

Tanks
Andy Elesky

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

As far as I know, this Tournement Ext was made by a VASL Spanish player. It handles HIP deployments, or Boresighted locations, etc. i.e. any info which is (at first) only known to one of the players.

The way it does is by making a private Note to write all those information; when needed, you can disclose a particular note to your opponent.

Here is the extension for those interested.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've just installed this and... wow!! What a superb extension file!! Thank you very much for tracking this one down for us, Yarlis, and I'll save a copy through to the ASL File Archive here at Warfare HQ right away!!

For those interested, this extension file adds a new button called "Notes". There are three tabs you can switch between... Public, Private and Delayed. Public and Private work exactly the same (as far as I can tell) as the "Info" button does. But the "Delayed" tab is the key...

To write a new note (ie. a particular HIP deployment, or a particular boresight), you click "New" and then give the note an obvious name (so you'll remember what the note says) and then you input the actual text of the note.

ie.
Name: HIP in A7
Text: I have an 8-3-8 with 8-1 ldr and LMG HIP in A7

After I've input this note, I can see it in a list of notes that have not yet been revealed. It's date and time stamped too, so it's clear when the note was written. To reveal it to your opponent, all you need to do is then click the message and hit the "Reveal" button. Once revealed, your opponent can see that particular message and it's permanently revealed for the rest of the game.

This is a superb extension IMO, and I plan to use it in all of my future games as the easiest of ways to record HIP, boresighting and any other time-sensitive information I may wish to reveal to my opponent later in the game.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Just one cautionary note:

I tried to use the Notes feature in a VASSAL module I made (the Notes feature is "built-in" to VASSAL) and my friends and I had some difficulty publishing the delayed messages. There was a version upgrade between when we entered the notes and when we tried to display them which I am suspecting was the culprit but haven't validated.

Tankleader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yarlis said:
Hi all,

As far as I know, this Tournement Ext was made by a VASL Spanish player. It handles HIP deployments, or Boresighted locations, etc. i.e. any info which is (at first) only known to one of the players.

The way it does is by making a private Note to write all those information; when needed, you can disclose a particular note to your opponent.
Yarlis,
Thanks for posting this, great module, now too only use it in a game. I wonder how many other great little extensions are out there now?

Semper FI
Andy