Tournament rules at ASLOK?

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'm trying to locate what rules are being used at ASLOK. Eg tie breaks, rules about judging, draws, setup time, etc.

I can't find it at the website. Please help. :)

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There are precious few rules; no draws.

From the registration document:

Mini opening round time limits (2PM finish or both opponents lose).

Most games at ASLOK are "OPEN" games, played for the fun of it.

All players are automatically entered in the GROFAZ. Once out of GROFAZ contention, players continue with OPEN & MINI-Tournament action. MINIs are more structured than GROFAZ & OPEN gaming. These are single elimination events using AVALONCON style scenario selection.

Players competing in GROFAZ must record their games on their P.I.S. and plan to play 8 games to win this event, (or the sole player who attains 7-0 or 6-0). GROFAZ contenders may play any one opponent only ONCE in a GROFAZ match, unless specifically permitted otherwise by the tournament director. There are no set starting times or "rounds" (EXC: optional Friday Grofaz Mini round #1 @ 8:00 AM Friday), although it is recommended players select scenarios and sleeping schedules which allow time to complete 4 or 5 games by Friday night and 6 or 7 by Saturday night, leaving only 1 or 2 more to play Sunday.

Attachments

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
"HIP list? We ain't got no HIP list. We don't need no HIP list. I don't have to show you any stinkin' HIP list!"

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"HIP list? We ain't got no HIP list. We don't need no HIP list. I don't have to show you any stinkin' HIP list!"

JR
No you "accidentally" leave your allowed emplaced Guns on the board then say...I am ready to play...then say opps I forgot to remove the Guns, and ask for a reset, and play mind games like this (will the guns be where I had them or not...hmmmm)....that is what you mean by your post. We all know your Jedi mind tricks ...or maybe its Vader mind games...yeah I thinking Vader... (just like you pretend to recycle and the like...<cough>).

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I’ve only had to demand to see a HIP sheet once and that was my own HIP sheet.
I remember that. You accused yourself of cheating, then said you were too busy with Fight Club business and couldn't be bothered, then you said, "YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB," and then next thing we knew the cops rushed in to break up the fight you were having with yourself. I would have jumped in on your side, but it wasn't obvious which side that was.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember that. You accused yourself of cheating, then said you were too busy with Fight Club business and couldn't be bothered, then you said, "YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB," and then next thing we knew the cops rushed in to break up the fight you were having with yourself. I would have jumped in on your side, but it wasn't obvious which side that was.

JR
It gives him that FOW effect when playing solo.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
SSSR 1: Swedes and Finns should be careful with their alcohol consumption, except at the Sunday picnic of course.

(Sorry, I just had to say that in case somebody thought it was just another Scandinavian tournament ???).

Btw - glad to see that you make the trip, Carlsson, that way you can compensate my World against the US record ?. When do you arrive, Carlsson? My first game is Friday morning.