Tournament is on hold.

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have chnged this post, as the one that was there was too depressing to look at. I couldn't just delete it without deleting the whole thread. I'm sure everyone that read it will understand.

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:

Spartan

Reaction score
Country
ll
C'mon Ray, don't let the actions of one member spoil it for the rest of us. I know that I speak for us all when I say that we were all looking forward to the tourney.

You are doing a great job, just don't give in to the minority, the rest of us appreciate what you are trying to do. Remember never give in!!

Spartan

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Spartan said:
C'mon Ray, don't let the actions of one member spoil it for the rest of us. I know that I speak for us all when I say that we were all looking forward to the tourney.

You are doing a great job, just don't give in to the minority, the rest of us appreciate what you are trying to do. Remember never give in!!

Spartan
Thanks for the kind words...but it's not that the member in question is the reason why, it's that I get over ruled. If my hands are tied, then why am I putting all this time into a club section I have no control over. I hope everyone understands, this has been brewing for awhile, and it just isn't worth it to me anymore.

Cheers,
Ray

michael

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn,
I am not really sure what the problem is, but don't the 'Needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few'? Tourneys don't seem to come along very often, and I am still looking to participate in my first one.
I know a selfish answer, but are not problems meant to be surmounted?
I believe you probably have support from other club officers/members?
If there is a problem individual is there not any recourse within the club to address the problem?
michael

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Ray, sorry to read your decision, i understand it, and if there is anything i can say to convince you otherwise.....

Scorched Earth :(

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ray,
Its sad that you have chosen to leave. :cry: I think you have done a great job the little while that I have been here.:cool: I wish there was a way to make you change your mind, and I know its selfish but I was also looking forward to my first tournament:( But thanks for all you've done for the CS section.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray,

I don't know all the details, but as this is my third tourny with roughly the same guys, I can take a good guess at what's going on. If the WarfareHQ "powers that be" keep overruling, then how about a tourny outside of warfare HQ? Just pick the guys you'd feel comfortable with and we'll do it that way. Email turns back and forth, etc. Invite only. We just won't post our tourny points on the ladder and, really, does anybody care? This is supposed to be fun, right?

Anyway, think about it. Thanks for all the effort, regardless of your decision.

Dave Bracken
(Gnrl Confusion)

Triaxe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well after being a member here for some time I've seen one tournament just go down the tubes right after starting due to some disagreement from some players and then in the last one there seemed to be some arguing still and now this one seems to be ending before it even gets off the ground.
I don't really know all the details from any of the situations but if it's the same thing over and over it needs to be dealt with or it's useless to try and have a tourney here at all.

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Well, if the Tourney leader and section leader can´t take his boss word without acting like a "child", popular expression, and continues to withhold the tourney from some people out of of childish accusations that all prove wrong, then maybe this tourney shouldn´t be at all. And maybe this section needs a new and more mature leader.

/Andreas

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Tournament not on hold anymore

I'm Baaaaacck....
After discussions between Don and myself, the situation has been resolved. I am retaking over the reins of the CS section. I am sure everyone was a little discouraged over the events that have took place over the last 2 days. I assure you I will do my best to not have a repeat of these problems. This is a great club for gentleman to meet and play the game we love. There is no room for for the negative events that have happened recently. I hope everyone has been patient enough to understand the situation, and is willing to get this show on the road.

I can only assume, everyone is happy with the rules because I haven't heard any suggestions for changes.

I can draw the names for the first pairings on tuesday night.

Would everyone please PM me before before tuesday night so we know who is on board. I will email everyone in the tournament to alert them of the circumstances.

Any questions....

A couple more votes for one of the titles would be nice also.

Cheers,
Ray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome Back

Hi Ray,

I quit.

Aw I'm just kidding. I'm in. I say we name the tournament something provocative like: 1-900-BIG-GALS. Or is that what you meant by "Orsha to Berlin"?

Dave

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Tourney Name

How about: A comic Opera: A rare chance to see Stalin's Organ...fnaw, fnaw....

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gnrl Confusion said:
Ray,
...then how about a tourny outside of warfare HQ? Invite only. We just won't post our tourny points on the ladder... This is supposed to be fun, right?
(Gnrl Confusion)

Hey Guys,

Glad to see your tourney is back underway.
Just a comment on the above snippet. You can have "Invite Only" tourneys inside or outside of WHQ - however, the "inside" one must be fair in who the "only" are.

In the Combat Missions section I'm going to run an "Invitational" tournament for only the Top 16 players. I have posted & given everyone about 4 months advance notice so they can claw their way into a top 16 spot if they so choose.

"Outside" tournaments are fine and like any other game between WHQ members they can be counted on the ladder like playing a QB or a custom made scenario.

And, I suggest you call this tournament "AFTT"
The "About Friggin Time Tournament!" :laugh:
:halo:

Good luck to you all have FUN & welcome back to Krink.
Putting on a tournament is no easy matter.

Palantir :cheeky:

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Palantir said:
Hey Guys,

Glad to see your tourney is back underway.
Just a comment on the above snippet. You can have "Invite Only" tourneys inside or outside of WHQ - however, the "inside" one must be fair in who the "only" are.

In the Combat Missions section I'm going to run an "Invitational" tournament for only the Top 16 players. I have posted & given everyone about 4 months advance notice so they can claw their way into a top 16 spot if they so choose.

"Outside" tournaments are fine and like any other game between WHQ members they can be counted on the ladder like playing a QB or a custom made scenario.

And, I suggest you call this tournament "AFTT"
The "About Friggin Time Tournament!" :laugh:
:halo:

Good luck to you all have FUN & welcome back to Krink.
Putting on a tournament is no easy matter.

Palantir :cheeky:

I like the idea of the top players for an invatational tournament. Should be very interesting. That is something we may look at in ther future. For this one, I really wanted to give some of the newer members a chance to taste the blood of a well fought tournament.

I really like your idea for a title. Pretty well sums it up.

Cheers,
Ray

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well Im glad to see that your back Ray. And Im really excited about getting to play in my first tournament.:nuts:
One quick question first are these scenarios all in EFII or are some of them custom scenarios.
Thanks, SoccerDJ