Tour of Duty.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Imagine the Sarge dancing on stage and stripping before doing an 8-ball!
Just joking.

Mark
Deo Vindice:banana: [/B]
Don't knock it 'fore you try it, dudes. :spill:
Did I just say that?

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gruesome imagry:p

Ah,the rat patrol. I think it has been about 20 years since anyone in our assorted locations has seen it so it's probably a licencing
thing that's keeping it tied up somewhere.

Here's one for all the old timers,About the time I first came to the States,('82) there was a show that lasted all of one season called "At ease" pretty much SGT Bilko type fare. Anyone else remember it?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rat patrol,now there was a show.hop in your jeep and blow the hell out tanks with a machine gun,what a concept! "checkmate king two,this is white rook over" never missed an episode of "combat".every week sgt. saunders and his colorfull platoon would take out another german division.ha ha

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always look to see what the honor titles on thier cuffs read. I always guess "Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler" but i can't quite tell. Does anybody know? why would uniformed soldiers of LAH be doing SD/Gestapo thug-work?
I used to wonder the same thing,I think it just comes down to poor research.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The A-Team

Remember the a-team? that was the first show that I used to watch on a regular basis, that as well as airwolf. Airwolf comes on a local channel here in houston every now and then. Geez, I must have been stupid as a kid to have believed it. But oh Well

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Tour of Duty is coming out on DVD, huh? That's cool. I used to watch the show on TNT before they took it off the air. First they moved it from the afternoon slot to late night, so after that I couldn't watch it as much. And speaking of Hogan's Heroes, it still comes on TV Land alot, if y'all get that station. I always wondered how the show would have been if it had been a Japanese prison camp!? And since we're on the subject, why aren't there more serious TV war shows? The only two I've ever been able to see are Tour of Duty and Combat. I don't count JAG, since its most definitely not a war show. I think a show following a small special ops unit in the War on Terrorism would get high ratings, or maybe another Vietnam or WWII show. Just my $.02.

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There used to be show 'The Gallant Men' about a infantry company in Italy. Have not even seen it in reruns ever though.

Reaction score
For what its worth the last season (1967) of Combat started this week on the Encore Action channel. Its the only year it was filmed in color.