Toto, we're no longer in Tolkien's Middle Earth...

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found the Flame of Armor on groupon!

What's with your graphics card?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found the Flame of Armor on groupon!
Hey I didn't get that alert! :(

What's with your graphics card?
If my PC didn't lockup hard I'd take a screenshot of it but...

As best as I can describe it: the screen background goes white in "blocks" with a pattern that looks like small purple rectangles running diagonally across it with maybe a 1" gap between the patterns. Sometimes I can see thru it" and see the actual game screen frozen.

A couple of times it just jumped back into grayscale of the game and then flashed in the correct color but still frozen.
And once, I kid you not, when I tried to play LotRO a huge bloated face popped up covering the screen. :crosseye: For a second I thought it was someone looking at me! I had my son come over and look at it to make sure I wasn't losing it. I have no idea what that was about.

Oh and the last audio "sound" just repeats over and over.

I've had to leave the dang thing running "locked" when it's done it in World of Tanks. If I get out of the game early my tanks blows up & I lose any credit for kills etc.

Also- I've had zero problems doing anything else, checking out the forum, web-surfing, uploading picts from our camera etc. I figure a bad or old graphic card.

EDIT- since it just happened again a few minutes ago... I wasn't in WoT's for 30 seconds when it locked up. The screen went into a mass of orderly colored blocks of the game, so I could distinguish everything but in weird blocky colors (trees purple, tanks red, road kinda greenish etc). I do believe the lockups are happening more frequently.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What card is it?

This is often caused by a bad power supply, which would be very dangerous to both your hardware and to the integrity of your data.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure what the card it is, it was changed a few years ago: but the problem has increased. I can't get a word doc to display properly now so my PC and games are shut down til I get a card put in later this week. :(

allsirgarnet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
If you have graphics probs, first thing to do is run... dxdiag

The various tabs will at least tell you if your software and hardware are ok, and you can test them.

If thats no good, try (if you havent already) turning the graphics down in game.

Regards

Gaz