Totally confused with new patches

igor7111

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I re-installed POA2 from disk, updated to v2.83 and all is well.

But if I try to install the 2.5b I think it's called "beta" patch, the exe
won't respond, i.e. the game just hangs.

Could someone take the time to explain how to go about updating
from 2.83? I understand there are some TSS files you need, but
I don't understand the patches I need, the sequence of installation
and, basically, how to get the game properly updated.

Any kind soul that responds will have my eternal thanks.

And please, keep it simple......I'm an old geezer :)

PS....I've been looking all over for, if I recall, additional maps.....
where the devil are those located?

Last edited:

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Igor..
To patch from the version you have, you only need the new patch... but before you can run it, you also need the parts above that under TSS common files ( there are two.. TSS TEC update, and TSS Common update)..install these, then install your patch, then run the (.exe) game. As far as the maps, you can use geomorphic maps, or the ones that come with the game. There (at some point) will be the ability to make your own maps as well.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The beta map maker should be in hps shared tactical map maker..

Though it needs lots of tasting..

Or you can use ADC2..

as for patches..

first install this patch "POA_CIV_v2_3_83_from_v20_No_Manual.exe " then the latest beta and the TSS common

igor7111

Reaction score
If I may.......the TSS patches want to install into a separate TSS folder. Do I let them go there or point them to the POA2 install?
You just may have my eternal thanks if this works :)

Hey, I just noticed. I'm a HUGE Liverpool fan. One of my life goals is to attend a game at Anfield.
Things are looking up for the boys.....I predict a top 4 finish next year :)

Hi Igor..
To patch from the version you have, you only need the new patch... but before you can run it, you also need the parts above that under TSS common files ( there are two.. TSS TEC update, and TSS Common update)..install these, then install your patch, then run the (.exe) game. As far as the maps, you can use geomorphic maps, or the ones that come with the game. There (at some point) will be the ability to make your own maps as well.

Last edited:

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe you want to allow them to go into their default locations... POA2 essentially is TSS's first iteration. Follow the instructions however as I may be wrong on this, it may vary depending if your POA2 is itself in the expected location, which itself varies based on when and what version was the original install. Either way, when you first download the patch, when ready to install, it pops up a little dialog box, read that, and it explains where to put the files, for your particular version.

Wodin... thanks.. I have been waiting for this map editor, and it has been right under my nose lol.

void

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I've played a scenario after the patching and it went smooth.
I'm waiting for the map editor to prepare some small scenarios with a bit smaller hex scale (50m locations).

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well after a long break due to things called "life and other real problems" i havecrawled back to atoutch of war gaming.

Ok its all patched and a quick test to see POA2.5 run nicely.

In the past I did a map or two using ADC2. Not a nice chore. So the map builder with the TSS bits seemed interesting.
Simply so how does "tactical map builder" and "geobuilder" work.
The details are a tad thin on this.